[IDEA] Name Change Certificate

Which last post? This thread is three years old.

I guess you did, but lack understanding it…

With your last argument with the “notorious guy” example, we are back to the deep abysses of this thread with “oh my god i won’t be able to recognise a player at first glance in local, i might lose my ship”.

I thought we went over this ■■■■.

As I’ve noted before, you are not going to persuade me by insulting me.

The #1 thing this will do is change the name of the person as it appears in local or on Zkill. That’s 95% of what people look at when they see a name they don’t recognize. They aren’t going to take the time to go through and determine who that player may have been before by doing a show info or digging deep into where ever this NCC thing is noted in a character employment history or biography.

The result is that for those players, the name change is 100% effective for them in hiding who they used to be to the vast majority of players. That, for all of the reasons that have been outlined to you over the last three years, is the problem.

That is the fundamental problem here and that you are so unwilling to accept that this is a legitimate issue that cannot be resolved in any meaningful way is why this proposal hasn’t gone anywhere and likely won’t.

1 Like

it’s not an argument, it’s him /every other naysayers representing thair fallacy.
An argument would be: "yes, let’s say the renaming certificate push thru - what would make these “well-known bandits” stand out…

then there’s a big discussion to be had.
Would bandits even want to change their name? as evident in the previous post “it’s not hard to re-roll” . etc etc etc etc etc etc etc … its just isk intensive (or in reality its just skill point intensive as the isk difference is paid in less sp) which is fine for bandits as they are most likley already found their “niche” and are just training for the sake of training… etc etc etc…

Who has said that a name certificate should not reflect previous history on zkill?
on the contrary - we say that a name change should keep all history… aight, im done.
fact resistance is a ■■■■■.

My goal is not to persuade you.
It is to persuade the most of Eve players for this idea to make his way to CCP.

Zkillboard example :
With the NCC, if a player searches for this guy, by his “newname”, he WILL see this guy’s kill history.
This precisely the point of this idea.
We don’t want to erase anything.

Then, about the result, it might be effective at first, but once it is known, eveyone will accotumate to the new name.
It is just as if a known player, like, let’s say a streamer, that plays another toon, or a toon named differently than his “known name”.

I am indeed unwilling to accept issues that are legitimate only in oudated vision of this game…

Great, then I can ignore this thread.

Good luck storming the castle.

1 Like

If you thought that your point of view would be more valuable than any other player’s just becaue you have a “CSM” tag, you were very wrong my dear.

Reputation being a topic here, i don’t even know who you are or the other CSM guy that posted here…

Which tells everybody everything they need to know about how much you actually play the game.

1 Like

This point by the way, illustrate how ignorant you are about how ID system is built in this game (and in any other game or application / software).
As it might be an issue in “local” until it is known that this guy changed his name, it won’t be an issue for zKillboard.
Characters are in fact IDs, and a name is tied to this ID.
The name can change, but the ID will never change.
So if a guy searches for 'John Doe" that was named “Emile” before, he will get everything tied to the ID.

Because i don’t know who you are i’m not worth playing the game ?
Who are you ?
Or rather, who do you think you are ?

No, because you don’t know who I am (or who Mike is) it tells me that you are not someone who is fully connected into the community, and thus you don’t really understand how unpopular your change is amongst average players, and how you’re basically screaming into the ether here.

So, still, becaue i don’t know you, you think you have the right to tell that i’m not “connected into the community” ?
But which community are you talking about ?
Should there be only one community in Eve ?
Should everyone participating “in the community” know who you are ?
Are your feet even on earth ?

Usually when you want CCP to hear about a player idea, the players can bring it up to the CSM who have lines that are much shorter than that of us other players here on the forum.

Luckily there are some CSM members that often listen to players on the forum for issues they can then bring to CCP’s attention. Two of them are regulars here on the forum: Brisc and Mike.

You don’t have to know who they are, but if you don’t know who they are you certainly are not connected to the EVE playerbase.

2 Likes

Except it is a terrible design, just plain dumb.

Not only does it completely wipe out the precious history everyone wants to save, it is also gross and laborious.

All for something that customers have come to expect, for a price.

1 Like

I have never trusted the CSM to do anything good for the game or to effectively “represent” any playerbase.

The fact is that most of Eve players do not vote, and most of Eve players do not hang around on forums…
That fact does not make them less worthy of being part of a Eve playerbase, nore does it permit anyone to call them “not connected to the Eve playerbase”.

And that’s only accepting that there is 1 single Eve playerbase or community.
I find it quite arrogant to even think about it…

The second point being that, until CCP officially recognize Coalitions as in-game entities as a whole, and, therefore, allow only one single representative from each of those Coalitions, CSM will be wormed from the inside with precisely those representatives that are in those Coalitions defending those Coalitions interests and not the so called Eve playerbase as a whole…

Side important and obvious note being that those Coalitions have the power to motivate their respective members to vote more than any other lower tier entity could or any other “independant” could.

Not being interested in the CSM for those reasons does not make any player “not connected to the Eve playerbase/community”.

My feet are firmly planted on the ground. I can tell you that you aren’t connected to the community because you have two of the most responsive community reps here talking to you and you don’t know who they are. And I am one of the most well known players in the game - not a brag at all, just a fact - even if Mike isn’t, but Mike’s been around for a very long time.

But hey - who do you consider to be the most well-known EVE players you’re familiar with? That would be interesting to hear.

Well, that’s my point.
I have no interest in thinking about who is the most known player in the game.

I don’t know you.
And your point of view has no more or less value than any other non-playerbase-connected-players’ to me.
So you can keep away. :wink:

Like I said - you can’t even answer this question, which tells me you’re completely disconnected from the rest of the community. I suggest you try to expand your horizons and maybe talk to people outside your corp or language community.

That’s fine - unfortunately, my point of view does have more value to the people who make the changes you’re requesting, so if I tell them “this is a bad idea” they’re more likely going to listen to me than to you.

So, again, feel free to dismiss me and Mike, but that’s not going to make it likely you get what you’re asking for any time soon.

1 Like

Like i said, you seem to misunderstand me.
I have no interest in thinking about who is the most known player in the game because i don’t give more value to a player compared to another, should he gets a ISD or CSM tag.

Well, i thank you for your “suggestions”, but i’m prety well where i am dear.
Which is not “stuck in my corp or language community”.
Once again, you are proving yourself to be an arrogant person thinking that there is only one single Eve community or that if ever others should exist, it must only be a corp or language one…
Really…
Please stop

And like i said already, i do not give more value to your thoughts than any other player.
What CCP is doing with your thoughts is not my point.
And i think that CCP active members would be willing to hear any member idea and think about it.
They still have the last call, whatever the CSM says.

Thank you for letting me feeling free to…
But, you dismissed yourself honey :

As for getting what i “ask for”, once again, you’ve missunderstood me.
I’m not asking for anything, who am i to ?
I’m hoping for something.

Which will come sooner than you think. :wink:

Now please, let’s stop with the off topic.

When you stop responding to me, I’ll stop responding you to you, honey.

1 Like

So we’re at this now ? :smiley:
:rofl:
Well, not surprising actually.