Idea to bring back bounties in a meaningful way

I was away for a about a year as my computer bit the dust and since returning i see a lot has changed including the removal of bounties. i realize players will and have abused any system they can but i believe that if done correct the bounty system could be not a quick scheme for people running alts to rake in isk but instead a well played incentive for pvp to be a isk making practice simply put if the pay out(between all members) from bounty is caped at a %of. Average cost of ship(+ moduls) destroyed with no payout for corvetts and bellow. Well it may not result in as nice a payout for people who get the kill as prior bounty system it will prevent people from using their alts to kill off their bounty for their own gain.

I really wish there was a reliable way to make a bounty system that wasn’t easily abused.

I think BHing as a profession would be neat and could have its own LP rewards and such.

1 Like

That was more or less what we had before the removal of bounties and the “fix” to the previously use version that everyone exploited. The “it may not result in a nice payout for people who get the kill” was exactly the downside that this new system introduced and thus killed bounties even more than the exploitation before.

Any bounty system that allows people to kill other players who have not done anything wrong to deserve being killed just like that is only going to be abused.
Likewise, bounties for people who cannot be legally engaged without making it possible to kill them without ganking is also pointless because ganking potentially requires more ISK than people have bounties.
Limiting bounties only to players who have done something game-mechanically-wise that deserves their death is pointless because you can already engage them freely and they don’t need another flag to achieve that.

Unless you want a pointless system or an unreasonable free-for-all that kills other professions in the process, there is no solution to bounty hunting in a formal, game-mechanics way. The best thing you can do is issue bounties in this way: ★ ☠️ Headhunters' public killright office ☠️

1 Like

Just a reminder CCP have still not reimbursed the bounties, their only excuse for not immediately doing so was that bounty deactivation was temporary. Either refund the ISK or bring back the functional bounty system.

I regularly used bounties & had zero issue with the system. It’s not a normal IQ players fault if idiots did not figure out how bounties worked or to learn their place in Eve and stfu once in a while prior to getting their haulers and high sec indy corps bountied to hell and back.

1 Like

Why would they refund the isk? The player who put up the bounty has zero expectation he would ever see that money again.

The issue with bounties was it was an underutilized system, it used an inordinate amount of server resources, and it wasn’t doing anything it was intended to do. It’s not a priority at this point.

Wow. LOL. I don’t even know which insult to throw at you right now.

Good, I prefer it when you act like an adult. The folks who put bounties on people had zero expectation that they would ever see that money. All they would see, at most, was a notification that somebody had killed the person they put the bounty on. Whoop-de-doo. No reason to refund the isk. The person who wanted to put a bounty did so, for whatever reason.

The only reason I am sad the bounty system is gone was I was like #11 all time highest bounty and I wanted to get on the top ten list.

Anybody who was dumb enough to pay into the bounty system was dumb enough to be invested in the outcome. From their point of view, that money was just stolen/disappeared.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.