Ideas for improvement of Overview near and far distance display

Asking for OPTIONS is no threat to anybody. The SIX optional ideas I presented cannot be boiled down to the ONE you disagree with. Your words have “douche” written all over it. What is your problem exactly? Some sort of trouble in your personal life? Stop dragging it here.

What the actual F? You think those are fake goods?

If you are not just trolling for LOLs or stress relief up to this point then there only remains another accusation I will be moderated for uttering.

Get off my back.

its amazing how just a suggestion to change km to KM or Km has become such a bitter argument.

Imagine if I had suggested a change to miles and miles per hour, or even nautical miles and knots used by just about everything without wheels. Even as player chosen options.

It might have meant nuclear war.

I will give you a point for humor. That WAS funny. Off topic. But maybe constructive in lightening the mood.

Also a bit funny and you probably did not notice is that I earlier pointed out how engineers were trying to tell astronauts they didn’t need windows on their space capsules. Apollo 13 never would have make it back to Earth without a window. I NEVER would cover a window with armor. NOT me!

Sadly I can’t disagree nor agree, as I don’t know the context of the issue, because you didn’t give it.

If you had given the context, we could have known that it didn’t help the thread. Now when we’re looking for suggestions or solutions, all we hear from you is ‘doesn’t work’ because you say so. If we had the context, we could have thought with you.

1 Like

You keep going to back to work arounds. I don’t want work arounds. I have too many already. I want an overview that easier for me to read quickly and accurately, full stop.

Yes and other people want things too.

But if you cannot make clear why you want things, this thread isn’t very constructive. Context helps a lot.

Anyway, I think we’re not getting anywhere further in this thread so I’ll leave.

2 Likes

I’m saying it’d be a bad idea to use a non-standardised format. That’s true regardless of options.

You have this same bad reaction to everyone that criticises your ideas. Maybe you should think about why that is.

Not fake. More non-official.

Which supports my point.

I want to be able to read the overview faster and more accurately that I can at the moment.

And I provided some above explaining about two stations on grid.

Makes zero sense.

False. My bad reaction is a direct result of false accusations and nonsense thrown at me.

Add to that the fact you have neither approved of a single idea here nor offered one of your own. All you have done is harped on one small point about standardization, and even spoken against pilots having options that suit them.

I put my overview on the left and local on the right. I can do it because I have that option even though its probably not standard. I am positive if it was not an option and I asked for it, you would insist the option not be allowed for “reasons”.

I do not believe you are here to discuss, but just to contradict for your enjoyment.

You have no point. There are multiple ways to do many things and people are not getting hella confused for a few options or differences.

You can check through my profile and posts to see this isn’t true.

The majority yeah probably. But the majority ideas posted on the forums have problems/oversights or are outright self serving idiocy.

Well not everything in the game needs customizable options. Especially when you’ve already got a world recognised standard.

When I said HERE I mean this thread. And what I said is true.

Even among options you don’t like you can still say which is better among them. Nope. Not you. Just harsh criticism.

I need it. Two others at least want it and maybe also need it.

You are just look for new ways to justify being negative. EVE has a lot of stuff that is not technically “needed” but some find convenient.

Which I proved is often ignored for another option as well as pointed out that TOTALLY different systems entirely are also used quite commonly.

I will now further point out that miles per hour is typically written as MPH, all caps, and for good reason. It stands out.

Even world standards can be found to be less than intelligent, which is why they keep changing. Its also why one of the most powerful nations on Earth still refuses to accept metrics as the leading or singular standard. And metric proponents cannot even see where metrics fail, and its sad. This is a small point of that. Having your units differentiated in such a slight way is not all that wise.

I think the reason they haven’t moved to SI units yet is not because their units are better.
The reason they still use these inferior units is because the investment needed to change everything is possibly not worth the temporary chaos this change causes. And until then stuff like this will keep happening.

Just use the world standard to avoid unnecessary confusion.

What is even going on now? :man_facepalming:

There is absolutely no reason to argue between imperial and metric because Imperial is still a standard. And it still has a standardised way of being written.

I can write 6’4" and the colonies will understand what i mean. Why? Because it’s a standard format.

Yeah. And how many people outside this thread do you think are blown away by KM or Km? No one. Cause the English alphabet is also a standard.

That does not always work. Consider the decimal point that metrics especially relies so heavily upon. Its tiny. Its stupid tiny. And because its tiny it is often overlooked. And that leads to incorrect doses of medicine and other things. But its standard.

Considering this I might not want my own suggestion of just withdrawing m (meters) and replacing with a decimal. But then again, this is why I specified having a 00 before such a decimal. This is not my first rodeo.

So often with imperial, since the larger and smaller units have different bases, you can’t just screw the whole thing up with that tiny decimal.

And there is so very much more wrong with BOTH systems. For that matter, base 10 itself is pretty daft. But man do people like to think they got everything all figured out.

Now you bring up the decimal point as a standard, but did you know many countries use the decimal comma as a standard?

Standards are confusing, but not as confusing as not using any standard at all.

Yup. And its little better than the decimal point. In Japan they use a little circle for a period. That would make a better decimal marker. Well, probably anything would.

Generally yes. I am good with standards. I just find them to be very often poorly chosen. Humanity has even chosen a poor number for its number base. And that is the foundation of the measuring systems. Silliness.

Fewer than those by km.

So 0 < 0 ?

I too can make up numbers…