Im at a loss here. Help Welcome

Nono, it does NOT say you can. It only tells us what we can NOT, and it does not tell us that we’re not allowed to use Alphas next to Omegas on a different computer! This legalese-esque crap needs to be taken literally.

That’s not a good goal. You want to fly now with cheap ships because it will take 5-10 ships depending on how fast you learn to get familiar with EVE PvP.

No matter how good you may have been at PvP in other games.

Also ship size/quality advantage is a myth you will discover whilst losing those 10 ships.

They usually don’t do that to those who show regret, or those who report themselves for something. I’ve been surfing exploits all my EVE life, and reported them immediately. I do what I can do until they tell me I’m not allowed to! That’s why I’m so all-over this.

Source:

• stopping faction police from hunting me
  • stopping faction police from spawning
  • warp with GCC
  • don’t get too curious. : - )

I don’t know man, that line in the second part seems to speak to their intent. I really did think it was allowed or i wouldn’t have broadcast that i do it on their forums.

1 Like

Ok, this is not real.

Real is:

• You will almost never find a 1v1 fight with extremely similar ships
  • If you have lots of bling 3 ships will just farm you
  • Bling won’t help you at all, most fights are not close enough for bling to matter

My advice, buy and fit 10 T1 Frigates, fly around low fighting what comes until all 10 ships are gone.

You will learn so much plus you will earn some respect and possibly meet other PvPers and join a corp because ultimately solo PvP is a tough niche.

4 Likes

Salt’s right. I was so over the ToS thing, I ignored the rest.

In EVE we value “When you found yourself in a fair fight, then you did something wrong.”. It’s rare to find ones self in a fair fight, because what matters is winning. EVE is not a pvp arena, unless players specifically make tournaments or agree to it.

With a blinged out ship you’re just going to die, because people will pile up on you for the killmail. Equipment doesn’t guarantee you wins. Frigates can take out battleships.

2 Likes

i did mention the kitey condor and face hugging super tank incursus right? Dont forget the scram kite tristan. fw space is super fun even in cheaper ships, and you can(i have) killed very spendy ships with cheap ones. I have also lost blinged out ships to pilot error (in my case it was muscle memory) to a much cheaper ship. the condor is a good trainer for flying the garmur, it will make you careful because it’s made of wet tissue paper.

How to PvP in EVE.

Simplified.

2 Likes

To be perfectly clear of what I want to pvp in,

Let’s get one thing out of the way first,

• Cheap frigate pvp does not interest me. Not anymore. (call me spoiled ?) :wink:

• Im not a noob to Eve pvp, my old main goes back to 2010 and did FW for many years. I had enough time back then to sustain pvp with LP through missions.

What I want to fly are the likes of :

Battlecruisers, Cruisers and some Battleships.

For instance:

Triplerep Gnosis with Askelpian set, and with blue reps preferably.

Kity Cane Navys, or Cynabals , with blue props and Snake set, for the best agility and range dictation.

Triple rep Hyperion, again with blue mods and askelpian set.

Ashimmu with Talisman set.

and so on …

Those would be my main hulls to pvp in.

Ive tested them myself on their success in pvp many times, and saying you dont need blue modules or HG implants to be efficient with them is a lie, you do need them more than ever when flying solo and fighting the blobs.

The only form of frigate pvp I would tolerate fighting with would be Assault frigs, ie: Jaguar, blue mods and crystal set would be my first choice, or Hawk.

All those ship and pod choices, all need a lot of isk to run, as I would for sure lose at least a couple of them in a month’s time.

I am well aware that my ambitions next to my affordable playtime are too unrealistic though, and so then I’ll just stay clear of that one.

Open up your RL wallet, then (worth it imo as eve actually is a lot cheaper than a lot of entertainment) or cherish the good memories you made in EvE and best to you in future. o7

2 Likes

It does seem poorly worded.

From Section 2 of the EULA:

You may establish more than one Account for each copy of the Software licensed. You are however not allowed to play EVE by using more than one Account at the same time, unless you pay a subscription fee for each of the Accounts you intend to use for that purpose.

It’s pretty black and white that you can’t run an Alpha account while logged in on an Omega, regardless of which computers you use. As usual though, what really matters is how CCP interprets and enforces the EULA you agreed to.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand how PVP works in this game.

Nah, Id rather open my RL wallet for all the lesser stuff like, food, rent, wife, life and watnot lol …

But ye, had a good run, enjoy yourselves while it lasts !

1 Like

I dont think you understand the meaning of the word “IF”.

As in, it’s a personal choice.

Ive flown cheap frigs and ships, ive burned so many i lost the count, but Ive also had the experience of what flying bling ships felt like, and I simply prefer it, for my personal choice of gameplay anyway.

Like for instance, Cane Navy with snake set and blue props, has that insane level of range dictation, unmatched by any other BCs, it can engage and disengage at will while still maintaining decent firepower on targets.

But anyway, I digress, this wasnt meant to be a goodbye thread, plenty of those, just wondering if anything could be done to sustain my needs, and turns out no, so. Signing off !

There is still a lot not covered by that statement, specifically multiple individually licensed copies of the software running on different physically separate hardware sets. Which does btw seem to be in compliance with their other published materials on the subject. it’s also been over 5 hours since i opened that ticket with no response whatsoever. All i have left to say on this topic for now is we’ll see what they say, and I’ll abide whatever that may be. I may however ask them, regardless of the outcome, to clarify their eula and reference materials to help avoid any future incidents.

2 Likes

Could an ISD or DEV please confirm or deny this interpretation of the rules, as I’d like to do this as well if it’s legal.

Ticket response:
“That is correct, you are not allowed to do that.” -paraphrasing
I asked them to clarify that bit about another computer so folks don’t think, as i did, that this is allowed. Don’t know if they will though.

This is where you are going wrong. Don’t PvP with blue modules or HG implants. Too expensive. And more expensive modules won’t hide deficiencies in piloting skills. I fly just normal T2 stuff and have successfully solo’d many blinged our faction, pirate, and other T2 ships. Feels great to use an Ishkur to kill ships worth 4-5x my ships value

Also FYI if you fly solo with bling ships you’re going to get shat on very quickly. I can’t ever recommend to anyone that they should go solo with no support when they pilot expensive fits. It’s a bad idea.

15 Likes

yess :+1:

5 Likes