i would like to avoid too much danger is there such a thing while still being able to make money and get upgrades?
Yes. They’re a dime a dozen.
But be aware of being preyed upon. There’s a lot of corps that:
- Use your membership to fuel the CEO‘s tax income (ex: Silent Company — avoid)
- Not teach you how to PvP
- Not teach you how to survive as prey (if you’re not out hunting, you’re prey, no matter the space — yes high sec included)
- Have programs like „ore buyback“ which are meant to rip you off
- Not fleet up, or leave you „alone“ a lot
- But they will be very friendly the whole time
What you want to look for:
- Corps that fleet together, including for PvP
- Corps that can support you gaining knowledge, and encouraging you to try things out
- Corps that encourage you to lose ships, and don’t chimp when you lose a ship (in PvP or PvE)
- Corps that, when you ask a question, won’t ignore you nor make fun of you for not knowing
Money is always a struggle but it’s not a measure of progress. You define your progress.
And remember you can always change corps.
I would recommend brave newbies or karmafleet.
Hey I can’t fleet up a lot of the time and am working on fixing are fleet issues