I'm new to the game and I like it a lot

Glad you like the game. Don’t let all the miserable whiny people put you off…their problem is themselves and not the game, which I love every bit as much.

3 Likes

Eve is a GAME of YEARS, you’re learning your first 2.
a few bits of advice
5 out of 6 people enjoy Ganking (when you’re pvped against your will and out numbered)
you’re not imo an “offical eve online player” until you’ve been ganked once. it’s a valid play style, allowed by the game. don’t feed their tears just say “thank you, for the lesson” and be happy sometimes they do it for the tears if you’re nice about it sometimes they givie you isk back. try to avoid flying anything you can’t afford to replace…twice or more sometimes. it’s your money, your character, your game. don’t let anyone force you into ships/play you don’t want (mostly Corps/Alliances) relax and enjoy the game.
also “Killing is Just a Means…of communication”

You start out playing EVE with hopes and fears.

You finish playing EVE with neither.

1 Like

its good to see that eve still has what it takes to hook new players and more importantly they enjoy the game

1 Like

Oh go away. @Riko_Saraki people have been saying this for 19 years. The first ‘Eve is dying’ post came out while it was still in beta. Really my best advice to learn the game is to spend an hour on the Eve university wiki for every second you spend on the forums. Honestly, look into joining the Eve University corp in game and ignore the forums and Reddit for the first 6 months. Every once in awhile you’ll get a nugget of info here, but really we are like a bunch of old people in a diner yelling at each other over our country fried steak while we shoot glares at all the new customers who pull into the lot.

6 Likes

Make me!

welcome to EVE :partying_face:

2 Likes

Why would anyone need to? You don’t seem to enjoy the game, so I imagine you’ll be gone before too long anyway.

If anyone is interested, I was able to buy the Astero and outfit it.

I’m able to average 50-100m in data / relic sites in null an evening and I continue to enjoy it.

What I really like is this new event that is on. The new data sites provide huge amounts of cash, often 8-10m a can with unlimited retires on 1 data site. Really great event for me!

5 Likes

Glad to hear it! Don’t let the haters drag your spirits down.

2 Likes

Ctrl left click to lock.
F1 to shoot.

Now get out there and dominate the galaxy!

I am going to be honest.

I have no weapons on my ship lol. F1 is covert cloak.

I just hack and run. And sometimes die.

1 Like

That’s the smart way.

1 Like

According to a particular person, avoiding is not considered a game play mechanic.

Don’t listen to him. He hates this game and hates joy. He’ll try to squash your accomplishments and dismiss your style of play.

I’m glad you’re having fun, knocking out those sites!

4 Likes

That particular person sounds like he needs to read some books on tactics and strategy to me.

1 Like

I like it a lot

That will change fast

Only because of people like you :smiley:

[Redacted] is an absolute expert in that field. In fact [insert pronoun here] would go far as to say that [insert pronoun here] taught Sun Tzu everything he knew about strategy, tactics and warfare. And we know this to be true because 200 man fleets dock up and cower when [Redacted] enters a system. [Insert pronoun here] said so [insert pronoun here].

Can’t refute that.

But to get back on track. This game is a lot fun. There are so many different things to do and try. Don’t let the salty bitter vets strip you of your wonder. Enjoy EvE for all it has to offer.

1 Like

bro join my corp were about to go into war like tommarow

This dude is living the EVE life right now.