I'm thinking about coming back - how's things?

Sorry - one of my key questions has gone primarily unanswered -

Are there still relatively frequent special events that involve lots of sites and loot at the end, like skins and cerebral accelerators? I read there was a Feb’ 2021 Guardians Gala - awesome. Do events come around at least every couple of months?

Yeah, events still happen, seems to me they’re higher level of difficulty with lower amount of sites and loot.

Not worth it.
Better try Elite Dangerous.

Larold again, it’s a very fun game ‘if’ you have means. The problem comes for the folks who need income to support their growth. Everything is overpriced now against isk generation due to the massive scarcity initiative. So the new folks and anyone dependent on null block welfare states are going to have a tougher time of it. Eve has a limited set of mechanisms by which to earn isk. Mine, rat, trade, steal other peoples’ stuff by blowing them up, SP farm, Planetary Interaction. But with the exception of mining, the rest require that mining be done for stuff to be built for you to buy. The less stuff that’s mined, the less is built. The less is built, the less is available for sale, which drives prices into the stratosphere.

Someone on this post said one can simply adjust as playstyles get trounced. I’m sure they can, but the question isn’t possibility, the question is if it’s worth the effort. And that’s what Larold was asking, is it worth it? I’d be inclined still to say wait until it’s more economical for folks needing income flows to effectively use isk generated without being ripped off on inflated prices of…everything.

Various changes CCP has made (from extreme resource scarcity to lowering resists of mods across the board) have the indirect effect of incenting some players to purchase PLEX because in-game income generation is crushed and ships die more easily. I suppose that may be an intention, CCP is a business after all. But you need look no further than falling PLEX prices to see that ‘if’ that was the intention, it blew up in their face. People want to play a game that’s fun, and fun means reasonable access to self-sufficiency. That’s just not in the game right now for the lower 80% of the game’s wealth demographic.

1 Like

The events are more challenging than before (which is a good thing), with rats pinging out and back in to get into optimal range, rats having higher resist profiles and moving faster (so not a turkey shoot like the old ones). While this may annoy people looking to farm the events, it makes for a cool diversion if you want rats smarter than in L4s.

Now, loot. The loot is significantly less valuable than it used to be. Most notably, the accelerators, if available at all, are at a far lower duration and strength than the older events, and sometimes you have to build’em. So effort (time) vs reward is questionable. Also, the sites often bounce around now among systems forcing you to travel (though the Agency app will tell you where they are at least). So less reward, more time to get to the sites, and a more challenging experience means fewer of these sites are run compared to before. What should happen is the sites should escalate in difficulty, making it so only the most organized fleets or top pilots beat out the top tier, and so on. Instead, they’re just moderately more difficult for everyone, and the payouts are not commensurate with the effort (in my opinion).

CCP does try to have events every 2-3 months though yes. And they’re creative as far as lore goes (and some graphically too, like the snow in space event where it looked like a blizzard in the solar system). Just the player experience gets a bit lost.

im not saying to you to go away
but …
go away

then why you are in the forums ?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.