Impending Warpath event

At present, the only players required to do that are Gallente FW (though, yes, it’s generally smart for anyone in FW). In a four-way conflict, three out four factions will be in the same boat as Gallente is today, with only one faction able to visit the game’s biggest trade hub without fear of getting shot by NPCs.

I can see where CCP might think that is an imbalance, especially if one of the goals of the coming expansions is to funnel new players into FW (which seems to be the case, hence the shipcasters in Exordium). New players are less likely to know that they shouldn’t bebop into Jita while part of the militia.

If that is viewed as an imbalance, I can see where CCP might resolve it by replacing Jita’s faction police with neutral NPCs, changing the ownership of the system and the CNAP at 4-4, and possibly (shudder) increasing the security to 1.0 (under the new 1.0 rules). This, in addition to replacing the now-damaged gates with new ones connecting to different systems within each of the Empires. I can only hope that if they did this, they’d put some kind of tax scheme in place to balance the new convenience of Jita against better profitability in secondary markets.

Note, I don’t like the prospect of any of this. For a long time, I’ve advocated here and elsewhere that I believe the Empires should be more separated, and that if they were, the secondary markets would better thrive.

the FacPo are notoriously slow , and take time after they arrive , before warp scrambling . i was more thinking of war-targets and -10 characters . NPC response is predictable and easily avoided . that player in a hair-trigger tornado is not .. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.