5 years ago niarja happened and some people want to still argue and lie about it like no information is available. like nobody else has ever argued about it and brought reciepts.
‘Save’ as in fall to EDENCOM? Because in-game he asked us if we could go and help out the Trigs.
Seems like TEST had sided with EDENCOM
Edit: woh, new formatting?
but Malak, you werent there! You can’t possibly know that or have verifiable information relating to it!
Ok, I don’t understand where’s the warpath, it seems like a bunch of sites to jump into, which I never did any event in this game, not going to start now.
So, I ask, am I in any (new) danger going to Jita?
Second, finally CCP used their brains and made a mechanic for exploration that requires brains and adaptation to avoid botting, they may have hired somebody with minimum smarts… hope.
Not that it matters since you’ve already said you wont do them… Shoot yourself in the foot with that negativity huh?
My own stalker. Damn I’m going places.
Ops I forgot, welcome to the forums.
I mean, firstly, what on earth made you think this was going to be an actually disruptive event, the invasion part is for all the fluff enjoying RP types to generate content around, for the masses its just a standard reward track
So no, jita is not in any danger and nobody who thought about it for more than 30 seconds would think otherwise
Also, bots don’t care about event sites they are busy ratting, there isn’t enough ISK to make from dealing with new content compared to just AFK farming stuff in null
Jita very much is in danger.
CONCORD and Ducasse are conspiring to colour revolution Jita away from the State. EverMore absolutely must not be permitted to seize this critically important system.
Capsuleers, I call on you to rally in defence of the Triglavians to save the Jita we all know and love, and to incorporate it as the new hub of pochven.
No, its not actually in any danger, thats an RP article, its fluff and doesn’t mean anything to the actual game, willing to bet you a billion ISK that jita isn’t taken over at the end of this event, putting my money where my mouth is, you game? ![]()
Eh. A few days ago, I would’ve agreed with you. Now? I’m not so sure. I’m wondering if CCP isn’t setting the stage to wrest Jita out of Caldari control. How hard would this be really? Just re-map the gate connections and swap the NPC faction, either to Evermore or to a new trade faction.
Rather than trying to bolster the secondary trade hubs, maybe they’ve given up on that and instead just want to recreate Yulai of old? I know that sounds kind of far-fetched, but so was the idea of something like Exordium—right up until they announced it. Expatriating Jita and putting it at the center of New Eden would follow the same kind of thinking.
Am I confident enough to bet on any of this? No. Do I give it a non-zero probability of happening? Yes.
The owning faction has no real mechanical meaning in the game so it doesn’t really matter which empire faction owns it, jita is jita because of where it is and short of massively disrupting the map that isn’t going to change, and all you then do is relocate it and annoy the players who now have to move stuff for literally zero gain, there is a reason they don’t really touch the existing map very often, just look at the whole Pochven problem
If enough players want a new trade hub then it will happen and it will happen where they want it regardless of what CCP wants
I did a warpath combat op.
A savage Jaguar class assault frigate attempted to breach the Safety perimeter. Our taskforce extirpated according to the law.
Other than market taxes and the faction police shooting opposing militia. Right now, Gallente militia are KOS in Jita. If New Eden goes all-out war and all FW factions become enemies, add Minmatar and Amarr militia to the KOS list in Jita. That would give Caldari militia quite an advantage, owning the game’s largest trade hub.
Correction: Jita is Jita because of where it used to be (fairly close to all four factions). These days, that’s no longer the case.
Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think they’d relocate the Jita 4-4 station, but I can see them remapping the gate connections so that the system is equally distant (jump-wise, more or less) from all four Empires.
What with all the talk of war, I can also see them changing the NPC faction to one neutral to all parties. If they did that, no one would have to move their stuff from 4-4, but any faction standing changes (and tax rate adjustments) might tick off a few established traders with thin margins.
It would just be Gallente unless something else changes
That’s why I said, “If New Eden goes all-out war and all FW factions become enemies…”
That would be the something that changes. (It’s what they seem to be hinting at.)
Correction: Jita is Jita because of where it used to be (fairly close to all four factions). These days, that’s no longer the case.
That was only as a result of Pochven, Jita used to be Yulai before CCP changed the superhighways many many moons ago, at that point jita was born and even ended up getting its own unique station due to the fact that it has become the best place to trade, the loss of niarja didn’t really do anything to jita, the other main trade hubs already existed prior to that event anyway and they continued as they were since
The odds of anyone changing systems now is basically null, even attempts to move trade in to the system next door with the lower tax rate on the keepstar didn’t really budge anything and if people don’t want to move stuff 1 jump away what makes you think they will relocate further?
Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think they’d relocate the Jita 4-4 station, but I can see them remapping the gate connections so that the system is equally distant (jump-wise, more or less) from all four Empires.
I doubt it, like i said before niarja fell it already was and that didn’t stop the other trade hubs from forming where they are, so even if they were to shorten the distance to amarr by messing with the highways again nothing would actually change, the jita market isn’t going to move to yulai no matter what CCP tries to do short of turning it in to null, and they won’t do that
The people with the largest wallets dictate where the markets end up
So now you are assuming two things in your hypothetical, mk then…
I’m not assuming anything, I’m just postulating based on what CCP has done and communicated thus far.
- They have been saying that war is coming to New Eden.
- They’ve put out NEN articles talking about relations between the Empires deteriorating.
- They’ve already broken the alliances between the FW groups, effectively turning one war into two. Now it seems like they might be getting ready to pit every faction against every other, creating a four-way war.
- Jita’s stargates have been attacked, and the State is pointing the finger at everybody else as a possible suspect.
- Jita’s residents are protesting for an end of State control, and Evermore’s president is coming in to arbitrate.
If CCP were to make FW four-way (and I’m not saying they will, just “if”), what would they need to do first so as to not completely break New Eden in the process?
- Establish a neutral starting area. Okay, done. Now we have Exordium.
- Establish a neutral trade hub? Jita is the dominant trade hub by far. If FW were to go four-way, and members of the opposing FW groups became targets in Caldari space, that would advantage the Caldari far above all the rest. Would it not? So if you want to keep an even playing field…
Again, I’m not saying what’s going to happen. I’m not even saying what I’d like to happen. I’m just looking at all the signals CCP is broadcasting, trying to figure out what they’re planning to do in the next expansion or after.
looks like you took destroyers into a frigate site .. well done .. ;p and , i’m reminded of the mess CCP made of the Jag ; thanks for that ..
it would not ; players will use neutral hauling alts like they do now ..
to those calling CCP liars , i’d suggest they just dream too big .. they always have .. then reality puts a foot up their butt ..