Implant Salvaging

I like this idea. The implants do remain with the corpse, and there must be some chance that they can be recoverable - or even nonworking but repairable? Great idea.

1 Like

Eve is allready safer that it used to be and trying to turn it into farmville just to satisfy your Cotton wool type environment or playstyle is not how it is or has ever been, Adapt and survive is the way in Eve and long may it reign.

An idea thats been around since the beginning of eve, but its not gonna happen.
Implants from LP stores is a nice isk sink, and your idea would hurt that isk sink.
Isk sinks are a much needed thing in eve, and in all honesty there isnt enough of them.

2 Likes

I’ve removed several off-topic posts.

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Stay on topic, and take your whole discussion of the “state” of highsec to one of the existing threads. If you have a problem with forum moderation then contact Community Team via communityteam@eveonline.com.

1 Like

Well, my point was that you could just as easly have moved those posts rather then delete them. They were actually good posts with good suggestions, and im quite sure (as i know how easy it is to move posts on this kind of forum) that it wouldnt have required that much more of your time.

It’s your own fault(s) for being off-topic and no more off-top in this thread. Thank you.

1 Like

two wrongs doesnt make one right tho, and my point is still valid.
I do however see your not open to the idea that you could have done things differently, so I’ll leave it at this.

After having read through the thread, how about rather than them dropping, they need to be extracted from the corpse (messy).

Then you could collect the bits from 5-6 implants, from 10-12 (or 50 - 60) corpses, and combined with some LP+isk (lower amounts than to purchase directly) hand all that in to get ‘implant of your choice’. Maybe a “Recover Tech” skill book, which has a prereq of salvaging IV?

Possibly it’s only the Pirate factions that participate in (and/or allow) this sort of corpse desecration…?

But it provides a possible use for corpses (if it didn’t have implants in it, there’s no chance to recover something) and an additional LP/isk sink.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

3 Likes

:thinking:

That actually sounds pretty good.

Definitely be a skill based percentage applied to RNG chance of success, like Invention.

And if the service is done with NPC Pirate Factions, then have it available only in NPC null space.

This Topic has been moved to Player Features and Ideas Discussion

Still this will reduce demand for implants sellers.
Maybe if you make new kind of implants from these bytes then this might be interesting. To add completely new set of implants and make real demand for salvaging.

If there is a new type of implant it won’t be built by random salvaging, it will have a conversion cost where people pod their alts who have implants, salvage the corpse instantly and build. Remember this is EVE, things will be mega analysed and put on farm in hours.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.