I am new to EVE Online and so I request my experienced brethren to help me. Can anyone give me a detailed explanation about implants and how to use them at their fullest potential?
I’d find this useful too.
Implant slots 1-5 are used for attribute enhancement and let you train skills a bit faster. If you have a set of Standard +4 implants you will train an additional 6 skill points/minute (4 for the primary attribute and 2 for the secondary) which is roughly an extra 3 million SP/year. +4 implants cost roughly 20 million each on the market.
Slots 6-10 are skill hard wiring. These add a bonus to skills - making your ship faster, more agile or more resistant to damage, improve the range/accuracy of your weapons, or add a bit of CPU/Power or capacitor, etc… It’s a question of marginal utility - sometimes a very small change can make a very big difference!
The downside to implants is that they only affect the active clone and they are destroyed if you die,
More info: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Implants
- Implants are like rigs, once they are installed, they have to be destroyed if you want to unplug.
- They fit to different slots (see above)
- They are part of only one clone, and are lost if that clone is podded or destroyed in the clone bay
- They help in Skilling and different abilities basing on skills (see above)
- you have to train Cybernetics to use implants.
- They are managed via Neocom -> Character sheet
You can have have multiple clones with different sets of implants, or, change to an empty clone if you are doing something especially dangerous by using jump clones.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.