Improving Mining Balance

Let’s get the full barge stats as well then.

HS:

  • 1378 Retrievers
  • 253 Covetors
  • 144 Procurers
  • (1775 total)

NS

  • 1341 Retrievers
  • 663 Covetors
  • 546 Procurers
  • (2550 total)

While you are right that Retrievers in HS have similar losses in HS as in NS, there clearly is a difference in preferred barges in HS and in NS.

What is causing this difference is unclear. Might be that HS miners have additional preference to fly Retrievers because their large ore hold makes AFK mining easier in a largely safe environment. Might be that more new HS miners are unsupported by compression and require a large ore hold to compensate. Might also be that Retriever pilots are more likely to pay less attention to their ore hold and game, and thus more likely to get ganked than other barges, which also can cause relatively more Retrievers to show up on zkillboard.

Whatever the reason, the total amount of barge destruction in NS is still far exceeding that of HS.

To look only at Retrievers while all other barges, exhumers and orcas show a clear trend that NS has a lot more destruction is cherry picking, is misleading.

The data shows that far more miners lose ships in NS than in HS.

Why is it contested? You just showed us. You just proved my point. You used numbers which adds more weight, but you did indeed contest that person’s claim :slight_smile:

Though if I was to really answer the question of why, it’s probably just because of some weird form of “grass is greener”.

1 Like

Fair point.

I still wonder ‘why’ it is contested though when the data is clear.

Why do people argue against facts?

Both HS and NS have nonzero risk, but NS is riskier to mine in.

You have to be 110% AFK, not paying attention, or extremely unlucky to lose a barge in high sec…

Mining anywhere other than Caldari space reduces your chance of being ganked by 90%…

I should go mine in Caldari then.

Inb4 all the gankers run away to other regions? :thinking:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Eh, he just showed that NS loses 1.5x to 2x more mining ships than HS, while it generates 4x more mining income.

Lowsec meanwhile loses mining ships even more than NS, but it generates half the mining income.

The risk vs reward design is out of balance.

1 Like

Lowsec mining needs massive buffs for the amount of risk it involves!

1 Like

Only thing that needs buffed is the courage of players hiding in highsec and in the blue donut.

Why keep my head on a swivel in low when I can make billions in high? There’s no incentive whatsoever…

Introduce a new ore type that is required for manufacturing and can only be found in low sec, then maybe…

Courage is irrelevant. If I wanted to head to Null, all I’d have to do is allow myself to get assimilated and become another Borg Drone.

It’s easy. Then I’d have to log on and do everything I’m told and I’d get my ships replaced for free and I’d make the corp money.

Sorry, but mining this when told or sitting on a gate for 6 hours when told just isn’t fun. Besides- I don’t have a stable real life gaming schedule. I’ve said this before. I will miss corp events. I’m married, I have pets, I have friends, and I have a career with an on call schedule. Being called a coward for spending my time in HS when I get a chance to log in doesn’t bother me. It makes me laugh.

If you knew how much moon ore goes to waste because I’m always docking up to log out for several hours before returning to mine some more, you’d understand. This is why I am in a corp by myself. I’m certainly not going to tell my wife, “Nah, I can’t do anything right now- I have to log into Eve and stare at a gate for several hours in case someone flies by.” LOL!

All the time I was in Absolute Will, I made one fleet CTA. One. Saw three Titans (all ours) and no enemy targets. We sat there for 3 hours and nothing happened. It was fun once, but I’m sure I’d get bored with that ■■■■ pretty damn quickly! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Fear is irrelevant. Courage is irrelevant.

1 Like

No wonder you hated null, you made the worst choice of alliance possible. Like seriously. Give Goons a try, nobody ever gave me ■■■■ for not attending every single thing as long as I showed up often enough to show I wasn’t just in for the free travel pass, and they’re plenty eager to teach even the most obstinate highsec miner how to have fun in EVE.

1 Like

Almost slightly tempting, but I won’t simply miss CTAs, I’ll flat out have to log out halfway through them. I love Eve. I just don’t have the schedule for it.

Bonus points on your use of the word Obstinate.

And with all the courage you get to lowsec and mine and make less than half of what you can mining in null, while at being higher risk, why? Where is the reward for the courage & risk taking?

Stop being silly please. It’s obvious Lowsec is not rewarding for the risk.

Do tell us, what dangers do we have in lowsec that you don’t have in nullsec that makes nullsec so much safer than lowsec?

The reward is not balanced around the mitigation of the risk.

The question should be what you have in Nullsec that makes it safer than Lowsec. This you should already know being a veteran player.

As others have said before, don’t take your Absolute Will experience as example of how null sec life looks like.

It’s also strange to tell someone to watch a gate that long. What was the occasion? Were you gate camping to get kills? Or were you a scout for another activity that was happening?

What is it about ‘CTA’ that you won’t miss?

I meant that I will be a no-show. Absent. Late to the party. Or leaving early. Busy schedule. Not logged in to a game. Touching grass. Paying bills. Taking my cats out to play in the yard. Spending time with my wife.

This game is at the bottom of my priorities. I come home from work and it’s sometimes 5 hours before I sit down at my computer.

That’s what I meant by miss.