Improving Mining Balance

I understand that, but how is that a problem?

Real life has priority and many groups will understand that.

How did your alliance handle CTAs and how often did they happen?

I don’t know. AW had them multiple times a day.

And were they mandatory? Optional?

Well of course they were optional. As everything in a game is. I wound up leaving the alliance when the corps were all told that we needed to show up. AW was always war deced every single week by multiple corps.

At first it was kind of fun watching local knowing I could get blapped by a war corp at any moment. After a couple of months, it just got stupid.

All those war decs was actually why I focused so heavily on defense and trained up my combat skills from destroyers to battleships. I’m not just an Orca pilot. I used to have a Kronos too. I sold it and just fly the Vindicator now.

The thing I’m trying to get to is that not every null sec group may be like AW.

I wouldn’t like it either to be told that I need to show up, esprcially if that happens too often.

My own group has various fleets a day, categorized by importance. Some for fun, others skirmishes against roaming groups in our space, some are fleets of strategic defensive or offensive importance for the alliance.

I join fleets to help out, get kills or have fun if I have time and energy for a fleet, or don’t if I don’t. That is a good balance I think.

CTAs for us are a ‘please make time in your schedule to be here if possible’, but happen only a handful times a year.

My own alliance also is war decced most of the time, but that’s mostly irrelevant. Wars only matter in HS space, but we’re a NS alliance. Our characters that fly in HS are part of a different alliance, one without upwell structures so they are war immune and don’t have to watch for war targets in HS all the time either.

If I ever decide to put away my big ships and fly frigates and destroyers without implants, I’ll join a null sec group.

You can fly even bigger ships in null!

I can yes. But it’s not a good idea. I can also fly Hulks through Uedama, but it’s not recommended. I can lose a hundred frigates and not even feel it financially :slight_smile:

The biggest ship I’d ever fly in null would be my T3.

Aren’t you always saying that null is hundreds of times riskier than high? Small disposable ships are the way to go. Minimizes losses and maximizes profits. Best ship for huffing null sec gas is the Venture (Odysseus huffs more, but isn’t what I’d call the best).

NS is indeed riskier than HS but unlike in HS you can fly capital ships in NS.

And there are many posts about caps being targets when undocked. Too expensive to build and too weak to risk.

I’ve read these posts way too many times to be dumb enough to buy and undock a multi-billion ISK capital in NS. Even after the Catalyst expansion buffed carriers, they’re still not a good ship to fly. Drone aggro killed carriers and tracking mechanics killed Dreads.

Your first cap doesn’t have to be a titan. Getting into a dread on your own is perfectly plausible, you just need to find a use for it.

to me Mining balance means i don’t have to go into space where i’m garenteed to lose my shirt………

which is why i don’t and why i play eve for 10 minutes a day….

Also hoping losers stop character farming……..

Also hoping someone does a fair trade business model instead of being a thieving grifter carpet bagger…….

or that Leaders of these Blocs stop being losers who throw their people under the bus so they can make extra iskies for their Toonies

Also hoping eve stops giving free ■■■■ that no one wants…….

i really dont Give a crap about Sknr and i don’t give a crap about those who do………

see you tomorrow for my daily why the FK do i spend my money on this ‘game’ rant.

1 Like

Do you enjoy the game?

Read this again, and tell me what part of it you don’t understand:

CCP balances reward around the established risk, not around the player’s ability to mitigate that risk.

Using your illogical “reasoning”, highsec level 4 missions shouldn’t pay anything at all because players have mitigated all the risk out of them.

I’ve no desire to fly a Dread, Lancer, Carrier, Super Carrier, Titan, or Rorqual. I’ve honestly no use or desire for those ships. They are all fodder for smaller ships. All of them. If you read Reddit, these forums, and YouTube, the honest review of all of them is that they are nothing but trophy ships with no practical use. Giant paperweights. In addition, you can’t even dock them unless you also own a Keepstar.

See? I listen.

You’re not supposed to take them through jump gates which means you automatically have to run two characters so you can have someone light Cynos. If I wanted to leave the Dread and don’t have a Keepstar, I have to simply eject from it which means that it’s now floating in space available for anyone to grab. I am not parking a capital ship in space nor am I going to foot the bill for a Keepstar.

Simply saying, “You can fly a capital” is grand until you realize you’re stuck with a giant paperweight you can’t dock, or abandon, or jump with, or fight with….

Keepstars don’t grow on trees. Can’t just eject the pod when you’re in space and expect the cap to just be magically protected.

Or maybe you’re hoping I didn’t know that and were trying to goad me into a very costly mistake… which I respect. It’s an Eve level scam and I hope it works on someone.

This was CCP’s decision. Once you board a capital, you’re stuck there unless you have a Keepstar or it gets destroyed. That’s it. You’re in it for the life of the ship unless you can pawn it off on someone else. It’s why people use an alt just for a Capital and for nothing else. That alt logs off safely and the Cap goes into limbo for safe-keeping. Logs back on when needed. That’s a HUGE investment of skill points for a part-time alt. Sounds like something for r/wasitworthit.

Only Supers and Titans require a Keepstar to dock.

The rest of the capital ship can easily dock in NPC stations, Fortizars and Sotiyos too. And in addition Rorquals can also dock in Tataras.

It’s pretty easy to move those ships around if you have a second account or someone you trust.

I admit that I didn’t know that. Thanks. Still don’t have a use for one. But at least I learned something.

I don’t often use my capital ships for PvP combat either, a few times a year, but the ships are great suitcases to move hangars of subcapital ships around.

Null sec politics is always changing and while groups do claim sovereignty space to live in, space does change from time to time.

In 8 years I’ve lived in a similar number of regions throughout null. Capital ships with their jump drives and SMB enable nomadic gameplay to let alliances pack up and move most of what they have to their new home.

Or you can use it to deploy subcapital ships closer to the front line while at the same time deploying capital ships ready in case fights escalate.

Caps are pretty useful even if not used as often as subcaps.

It amazes me to no end how much freighters or “suitcases” cost. Like paying 9 to 12 billion ISK for a jump freighter. 3 billion for a faction freighter.