Improving The Foundation - Directx 9 Phase Out

Whoops, missed his response! But yea, that covers it.

1 Like

Well it was “exclusive” on Vista in 2006 but we know how well that went :slight_smile: 2009 was when DX10 really got useful.

Post was flagged by the community

May we hope seeing soon HD textures on our ships ?

2 Likes

When do we get DX12? With the new textures for the rifter?

So… will the old POS code finally be removed… or is that the thorn that stays with us forever?

I think they can remove textures on ships as we play zoomed out to a bracketed pixel anyway.

1 Like

Yes

-.- Post must be at least 5 characters

“With less than 1% of players being limited to using DirectX 9, the time is right to end support in 2022.”

So <1% is the bar to go under to cut support on platforms?

What is the % per OS platform and platform versions using Eve?

I’m not one to defend CCP, but you’re being disingenuous.

CCP is cutting down DX9 so they don’t need to spend effort supporting it for a small percentage of people that still need it.

It’s called business.

1 Like

No, they were just confused about what was being changed - they misunderstood this as a new launch of DX11 with no parallel support, rather than final retirement of DX9 after an extensive parallel support period.

You’re late. My question has already been answered.

1 Like

<2% of people used Captain’s Quarters, it got removed.
<1% of people are on Dx9, it’s being removed.

Dx9 is 19 years old.
Not sure why the reeeeeeee about such an ancient technology becoming unsupported.

2 Likes

It would be much nicer if they took this chance to drop DX and used Vulkan.

2 Likes

most excellent.

I am full of inexpressible joy

May I make your joy Expressable?

<.< >.>

Go on…

Now they have two proprietary API’s to manage, DirectX and Metal instead of just one, Vulkan.

This seems to be more of an exercise in keeping multiple job security rather than efficiency.

1 Like

DX10 is being dropped after 18 years so all things in CCP development being equal - DX12 by 2031.