In regard of Imperial slave raids and public uproar, call to Capsuleer Forces!

Yes, but within the Imperial structure, the titles he holds convey, and are results of, precisely those kinds of relations.

Lord Gallus (Utari Onzo) is an Amarr Holder. And the civilians being targeted are citizens of the Republic. Surely it is not inappropriate for Republic-aligned parties to inquire with CONCORD as to whether or not the actions being threatened against Republic citizens are illegal under CONCORD treaties, is it? After all, if Amarr enslavement of Republic non-combatants is an internal matter, then Federal treatment of Caldari non-combatants is an internal matter as well.

2 Likes

I have no reason to doubt our allies. We have dealt with them honorably for our part, and there is nothing in their culture to suggest that honor is a character they do not respect.

Except their possible failure to honor their CONCORD treaty obligations.

2 Likes

I really consider personal relations are unprofessional and unfit for proper business or military structures.

While I do not consider Lord Gallus merited or honorable, I surely didnā€™t mean his person, but rather than the number and quality of people commenting in all these threads. There were traitors, there were even people who were openly admitting in the goals of inciting revolts in Empire, and so on and so onā€¦

I am still not completely convinced that Lord Sarumā€™s actions will involve enslaving innocents, rather than looking for guerilla, etc. But even if they areā€¦ did anyone hit finger by finger to stop Federal atrocities in regard of Prisoners of War and genocide of colonists by Death Squards?..

Just think about that. All this happening in the warzone. Tortures, genocide. We speak, and gallente do that. But one Amarr Lord only SAID about enslaving people and they blow up, without Lord Sarum even enslaving anyone on that planet, legally or ilegally! Is this likeā€¦ for real? It feels like itā€™s a crowd of fanatics with tunnel vision who yell at Amarr authority even before they do something with ignoring real atrocities that are happening.

An understandable position, Commander. However, those relations do exert significant influence among many groups across New Eden. Not everyone is asā€¦ dedicated to professionalism as you are.

Should one failure beget another? If so, then there would never be any chance for wrongs to be redressed. A single mistakeā€”such as an intemperate insultā€”would need to be met with further hostility, without the chance for resolution. And that hostility, then, would require response with yet more hostility.

ā€˜One Amarr Lordā€™, you say. That Amarr Lord has, as the Empress has indicated, ā€˜supreme command authority within [the Metropolis warzone] subject only to commands of the Imperial Throneā€™. Unless the Empress herself says otherwise, his word is lawā€”even if that word contradicts international treaties. As a result, people are asking for clarification in order to prevent an atrocity before it happens.

No-one is saying that there should not be similar efforts to stop the Federal abuses. Rather, they seek only to reaffirm the primacy of the civilized international laws to which all our nations have agreed. Perhaps, if such a thing can be achieved before the atrocity happens, then that decision from CONCORD can be used to force an end to Federal atrocities, and save Caldari lives, as well.

1 Like

I readily admit that I have no particular love for the Amarr Empire, which is an attitude that stems primarily from their abhorrent practice of slavery. I am also aware that no individual or group in New Eden appears to possess both the desire and the ability to force its capitulation on the matter, so unless the whole of Amarr space erupts into a civil war and implodes they arenā€™t going away any time soon.

Now, since the Amarr Empire is obviously not going to ban that awful practice, nor does it show any signs of utterly collapsing, the rest of New Eden has to settle for finding ways to convince and/or make them be less awful. One of the ways this has been accomplished is by getting the Empire to sign treaties that forbade the taking of slaves outside of Amarr territory.

Which did not prevent some Holder who thought they were above those treaties sending their personal fleet into Federation territory on a slave raid, with support from a Caldari corporation, no less!

Yes, he can do it, because the laws weā€™re talking about are not the laws of physics. If people were literally incapable of committing illegal acts then pirates would not exist.

But they do. And, just like any pirate, Lord Sarum has no intention of obeying laws he doesnā€™t like unless someone with the power to do so is willing to make him.

So, to make sure I understand your position here: you see two atrocities being committed, but one is being ignored while another gets the spotlight, which is intolerably galling to you because the atrocity no one seems to be paying attention to is being against your own people. Not just inhabitants of the Caldari State, but your brothers- and sisters-in-arms. Am I correct in this?

You do realize that Mekhios and the other rebellions happened after Amarr invaded the Minmatar Empire for no reason aside from ā€œyou are less than usā€, right?

3 Likes

And after the conclusion of a peace that had lasted centuries. Or are the minmatar not obligated to meet the terms of agreements they reach?

If your making an allusion to the Elder fleet, you realize that wasnā€™t sanctioned by the Republic proper right? Should we justify vilifying the Amarr by the actions of blooders or Nauplius? Since thatā€™s what your doing if that is the case.

1 Like

Nauplius is not now the dominant force in Imperial politics. Can you say the same of the network who supported the Elder Fleet with respect to the Republic?

1 Like

No we canā€™t as any connections would be disingenuous as they acted on their own accord. In fact their theft from our Republic, while many including myself agreed with their premise was still an attack on our people. What we have here is an attack on our Republic indirectly as it leeched funding from us and causing trouble for your own as well as giving you a scapegoat to blame us.

How are those blooders within your ranks? Alar seems to be living a decent life on your Theology Council. Donā€™t blame us for rot you can find within your house as well. Corruption and politics go hand in hand. Your claims are not as solid as you seem to think. This is merely your Elder fleet on our doorstep. Donā€™t worry, well react a little different. We donā€™t need miracles and we sure arenā€™t going anywhere.

Like the past it requires corruption to begin.

2 Likes

The ā€œpeaceā€ between the Empire and the Republic was not a peace, because while the Amarr Empire formally signed a peace treaty, they did not have their vassal state of Ammatar Mandate do the same. I remember the Battle of Tears, I was already in the academy then, and many of us who now fly indie fought in it.

1 Like

I still canā€™t wrap my head around how they pulled that off. How did no one notice where all those funds and materiel were going?

1 Like

You grasp the crux of why Iā€™ve never accepted that the Republic did not know. A significant part of it couldnā€™t possibly have been ignorant of that fleet.

2 Likes

Yes, but how the hell was it kept secret from everybody who might have talked about it? Honestly, nearly every major event that occurred in the months surrounding the Elder War was like the plot of a bad holoreel come to life.

Never underestimate the power of corruption, incompetence and ignorance.

I would like to state once again my legal question is purely asking for clarification on what the laws says, and in no way is trying to enforce any action, or prevent any action. It stands on its own merit as simply asking what is the law. Please donā€™t mischaracterise it as the same as any of the other petitions on going.

1 Like

Just no.
Your incompetence and ignorance is appaling, gallentean. No. Go buy yourself a history book for the events that happened in last two decades.
It wasnā€™t even rebellion, it was invasion. Though I donā€™t know why I am trying to educate such a person who just yells at others without trying to understand what they were talking about. Justā€¦ go away.

You liked me a lot more when you thought I was Caldari.

Iā€™d explain why youā€™re wrong, but the past few posts literally already elaborate on that.

1 Like

Let me guess, I am ā€œwrongā€ because I am Caldari and like a good gallentean lapdog you hate whenever Caldari are right?
And nope, I donā€™t like you because of your antics in a different thread.