In-space 'background' or 'backdrop' missing. Everything is black with white dots (stars)

Here’s 3 screen captures taken about the issue.
Kind of funny that this has been going on for a while i believe… Noticed this just yesterday.
Been flying alot in certain 2-3 solar systems in low-security space and i must’ve just thought that it’s supposed to be like this there but no.

1st picture: Screen capture from my screen. See below the second.
2nd picture: Screen capture from Brother Grimoires stream. Same angle, solar system and planet.
3rd picture: My settings

The same thing is happening in all solar systems, all characters and all accounts.
Changing graphic settings or restarting computer doesn’t seem to fix this.
Under the pictures are my PC specs.

PIC3

To note: I regularly re-install windows for better PC performance. Last time i did this was month ago.
I do remember the game not having this ‘backdrop’ missing in the past. I do have enough knowledge about computers to keep my drivers updated and properly installed so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-7700k CPU @ 4.20GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM 16
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Not sure what could cause it but you can try verifying the shared cache in your launcher settings and obviously updating your drivers is also a good idea.

1 Like

Oh! Cache forgot about that!
So apperantly clearing cache and re-installing geforce experience fixed the problem for me atleast. Only clearing cache didn’t do that. It’s weird that my drivers actually were up to date before re-install. Thank you @Uriel_the_Flame appreciate it!

1 Like

Glad could help. Btw just a guess but might be possible the drivers themselves got corrupted and reinstalling them fixed that.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.