Increased penalty for declining a mission?

I’ve noticed that my standings with an agent go down more than normal when I decline a mission after the update. Didn’t see anything in patch notes, is this intended?

I don’t decline many, but they do reward different amounts based on difficulty, or if it’s a story mission. Did you decline a story mission? Or a more difficult time consuming mission?

Don’t know specifically about standing decrease when declining, but I do know in the past they changed the derived decrease in opposing factions to a higher number ( worse for you) when turning in a finished storyline mission. This occurs even if you are going against pirates if the mission is assigned by one of the major power blocks. When I submitted a ticket, the GM responded that the newer numbers were made less attractive to mission runners to reduce “fencesitting” by players. Now you lose up to around 75% of your gained standing with your factions supposed group in certain storyline missions, even those against pirates or delivering needed medical supplies. Another stealth change would not surprise me.

You are allowed to decline one (1) mission every four (4) hours without being penalized, if you do decline more than one mission you will be penalized, this means a loss in standing with the Agent itself as well as the Agent’s Corporation and if it’s a Storyline mission then you will also take a Faction standing hit. The standing hit are based on a few things such as, which mission it is and the level of the mission (could maybe be more).

2 Likes

Is there a way to see how long ago your last mission decline was?

1 Like

Yes, at the bottom of the mission description as presented by your agent, there should be a sentence that states how long you have before you are NOT penalized for declining a mission; anything under 4 hours, you get dinged. If it either says “you can decline every 4 hours” or the agent is offering a anomic (burner) mission, you are safe to decline. Remember you can rotate around agents and factions as need be to overcome any problems.

2 Likes

nope.

1 Like

Smash the supplier is not a storyline.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.