Info about warping and gankers

General advice on ganking can be found hyar:

1. Gankers will gank ships out of boredom, but they are generally looking to make a profit. Thus, the best defense against ganking is to make yourself an unprofitable gank target. This is not particularly hard to do.
  2. I wouldn’t install T2 rigs or anything, but some cheap tanking mods can help buy you time to warp off, whether mining or hauling your stuff to market (and you have 2 points of warp core stability built into the ship, which increases your chances of getting away). Of course, your best defense in a venture is to orbit a rock with your prop mod on.
  3. Do not use autopilot. Gate tac bookmarks aren’t super useful in HS as there are no warp interdiction bubbles and so many people about, neuts are on gates all the time. Fortunately, most neuts in HS aren’t trying to kill you.

You should join a mining corp. Get boosts, learn from community knowledge, have some social interaction.

You risk depends on how much compressed ore you can fit into your venture. If it’s more than twice the value of the ships required to gank you, then you are a profitable gank target, and run a risk. Of course, this risk is mitigated by flying a venture (2 points of warp core stability and often viewed as not worth the effort), fitting a tank, using intel tools, and not autopiloting. Also, you should also consider flying a properly tanked Miasmos. Just don’t overload it with too much compressed ore.
I don’t think safes are beneficial for your purposes.
No autopilot, don’t worry about gate tacs in HS.

BTW, killing gankers isn’t the best strategy. They will usually win the DPS war against most smaller ships, and bigger ships tend to take too long to lock them up. Gankers can be killed (in fact my first solo kill was against a ganker), but it’s not the best way to deal with them.

1 Like