Ingame chat channels

Is it possible to create a chat channel within eve that will be persistent/stay active even when my character logs off?

Yes. Just create one. Invite people to it or make it open to the public. In either case, it stays when you log off.

This is how corps and alliances create recruitment channels. The owner is a person not the corp/alliance and those channels stay active.

Oh right, so just create the channel and that is it, nothing more needed? I figured that I would need to alter some settings somewhere.

Nope. You do not need to alter anything to make it persist.

If you close the chat window bedoew logging off, you’ll have to open the window. But the hat stays up and active. For example, I created Critter’s Corner and put all my alts in the channel. This way I can link something to my accounts even when in different corps or alliances (like fits to buy for my hauling/market alt). When I log out Lady, the channel still stays open and my alts can still use it. I’ve invited select friends to the channel as well and they have access whenever too.

That said there are admin tools you can use for a chat channel including adding other moderators and such too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.