Inquiry: is there bad blood between Electus Matari and Ushra'khan?

So if a previous deal fell through why would any slaves be transported to the location indicated in a now defunct agreement?

1 Like

Not like I need to continue justifying things, but I didn’t have the authority to make the initial deal, as I later found out.

1 Like

From. From the location.

I am sure you would like cornering me anywhere but please lets not overhype my capacity to see when someone tries to provoke instead of purposefully discussing. And by gods I dont want to further drag this thread out of context. You seem to be doing a good job of that.

With that said, I do sincerely hope the freed slaves find a home.

Putting the blame on me now? I do believe that questioning your motivation behind the question was on topic, to which your reply was nothing but a passive aggressive snark.

1 Like

Respectfully to the two conversations, what have any of these tangents got to do with the quesion at hand? Seriously, my eyes hurt just looking at this place.

3 Likes

Lesson learned: The capsuleers of New Eden hate each other with almost the same passion they hold for going off-topic.

If the OP wants to know anything more, please contact one of us via personal message.

3 Likes

This might be the most truthful thing ever written on these boards.

Also, if I were to personify U’K and EM for Makoto, I would say U’K is like Mizhara; abrasive and often unpopular, while EM is like its most famous face Elsebeth; diplomatic and quiet.

As for how those two personalities have interacted over the years, you only have to take a guess.

10 Likes

Funnily enough, Elsebeth is a friend of mine.

1 Like

Do you always agree?

1 Like

Almost always… once Elsebeth has had enough time to realize that her southerner ways are never a match for the northern truths.

1 Like

You’re kind of making my point for me here.

1 Like

Wasn’t disagreeing with it in the first place.

1 Like

U’K is obsessed with fulfilling a vendetta first and foremost, -EM- is about the betterment of our Republic first and vendetta second.

3 Likes

If you want to know about ushra’khan then talk to us directly.

1 Like

I’m familiar with U’K, thank you.

2 Likes

Insofar as the freed slaves are concerned, our plan remains to turn them over to the care of Khaprice Heska’s Aesir Arcology, and to provide such additional aid as is needed given the degree of the humanitarian crisis.

This is, as you all might know, in keeping with our previously-announced intent.

As is simply reasonable, a word once given should be kept, as much as possible. While from further discussion it sounds like we should pursue a closer relationship with Electus Matari, that is a thing for the future.

8 Likes

Thank you for ensuring the liberty of our brothers and sisters.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the politics. As long as the slaves are free to pursue new lives in the end I don’t care who they are transferred to, and I doubt many true Matari would.

5 Likes

Those people are still in my care that I have received most of them are traumatized from their stay with Nauplius so it takes some time to help them understand that they arent in danger anymore. Some of the women I would say about 65% still remain in my custody. However the one thing that is apparently with people who come from Nauplius is that they need a special kinda of help to have them to learn to trust again.

4 Likes

Oh, and I’ve realized I omitted a detail that was relevant to all of this.

The suggestion that the refugees be repatriated to EM instead of U’K came from a Matari loyalist; while it wasn’t overt, the omission of U’K on the list of recommended organizations was what prompted the question, as it suggested internal politics I wasn’t aware of.

Essentially, that’s to say, “Is there bad blood?” isn’t an unfounded attempt to stir things up, but instead a question based on the words of a Matari loyalist.

2 Likes