Inquiry: is there bad blood between Electus Matari and Ushra'khan?

Sounds like you just made the mistake of taking one Matari at his/her word, then.

Remember, we are a passionate people in the end. Our tribes don’t even always agree with each other, so as individuals we certainly won’t either. Each of us have different ideas and traditions, and these differences make us strong just as much as our similarities. But that does mean that every now and then you’re going to run into a person or a group who just doesn’t like another group very much. That doesn’t mean we are feuding with each other, that’s just how society works.

Of course, scrolling up in this thread, it’s clear that it isn’t any different anywhere else…

3 Likes

If you plan on doing business with one or the other, do it with EM. U’K is more likely to shoot anyone affiliated with the amarr on sight then talk.

3 Likes

Fairly said, Ms. Vuld! I suppose I should just not read too deeply into what’s said by any one individual.

Mr. Toov; I’ve flown with Mr. Sparre before, and indeed bumped into him at the Society consulate on Yulai III several months ago. We certainly do need to work together more! Electus Matari, from what’s been said here, sounds like a solid organization.

Insofar as U’K is concerned, well-- I think it goes without saying that I’m not fond of frothing nationalists, whatever their stripe. In this case, our work is going to be with Khaprice Heska’s project specifically, and I can say with confidence that Ms. Heska’s been a reliable and reasonable partner in the past, whether at the Inquest or at other times. She’s joked about being a secret Midularite in a den of Shakorites, even.

3 Likes

Well this debate is lively.

From an Amarr perspective, Electus Matari are wrong, but respectable.

Ushra’Khan are extra wrong and violent terrorist scum to boot.

Hope that clarifies some things.

6 Likes

U’K is just as good as EM, they simply don’t have their priorities in order at all. At least in this humble opinion.

2 Likes

It’s true ! Rana is always in the front row of the audience when the Brutor dudes start flexing at each other.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry Else, please don’t shoot me

1 Like

Perhaps I should have said “outwardly” :grin:

1 Like

Yes, I was going to say, I remember a time when other Matari had Else at the very least on an ignore, and some were even considering a Must Pod policy…

As for EM and U’K, it’s changed over the years, given the amount of people who’ve left and joined, particularly in Ushra’Khan, I’d say, but there used to be REALLY bad blood between Ushra’Khan and pretty much everyone else.

You had Al Haquis and Khaldorn Murino talking Brutor Tribe Treasure about everyone and everything that didn’t match their views, you had Maggot backstabbing people in agreements, yet expecting people to suck up to Ushra’Khan. Then there was the U’K assisting traitors to the Republic, leaving entire systems basically undefended, or their support for slavers because “Well, they only take Amarrian slaves…”.

However, even back then, not all the people were rotten through and through, there were some decent people in there too.

Electus Matari was, for a few years, entirely too bueuraucratic, an era that may or may not have coincided with a strong Gradient influence in the leadership, which rubbed some people the wrong way, and some alliance officers also a bit too timid. Add to that the complications that have already been mentioned by others. Ushra’Khan back then had an internal atmosphere of “I hate the amarr the most” “No, I hate the amarrians the most!”, while EM was focused on strengthening the Republic, as a sort of industrialized militia, and you got an interesting dynamic.

9 Likes

Thank you for your view on things, Lomong! And, indeed, thank you to all of you who offered your (sometimes unvarnished) perspective on Matari loyalist politics. This has been thoroughly educational, and very much appreciated.

8 Likes

Ofcorse, where else can you get a good laugh?. The endorfin high i get everytime they flex lasts me for weeks, there is nothing more amusing than a bunch of brutors flexing. Add oil,loincloths and urns into the mix and you have something explosive.

3 Likes

Aside from the other differences you highlighted, my concern for the ship crews who survive the destruction of my ships remains the same as it still looks like they are unlikely to survive captivity of either organization. As a pilot who simply skimmed through the thread I would find it amusing if the two organizations were to be found fighting each other the same way as the privateers serving the Empire.

You know, until PIE figures out a way for capsuleers to see and then capture escape pods, I wouldn’t worry too much about U’K or EM doing the same. Your crew isn’t going to be in capsuleer captivity.

1 Like

I currently have a Caldari prisoner of war in my corp’s hangar waiting to be returned to a stapro station, liberated from a federal ship a few days ago. I’ll post an image later if you wish.

1 Like

Read: Poor passenger.

Ahh, missed that part. My bad.

Ooooh! Can I pick him up for the meeting? Black hood and party van?

3 Likes

There is some disagreements in how things should be approached and we have been on opposite sides on issues before. But we also agree on many things. We both strive for a prosperous Heimatar and Metropolis region, we both dislike the Amarrian oppression against our people. I consider them friends and allies of the Matari kin and I treat them as such. I would say even if our ways may differ, I respect what -EM- does for our people. This seems like a post to stir controversy and hosts people who are participating in the discussion for one or the other side that are not apart of either group.

Wanna talk about people who has fallen out with eachother over the years? you can look no further than at CVA and PIE.

1 Like

While it is true UK and EM have disagreed both in private and in public. We have both in our own way worked towards the same goal which is to make Matari lives better. Be this in general or by directly being freed from slavery. We both hold a lot of respect for each other and would gladly assist each other in obtaining our goals. There is no bad blood between us, we both do things in a diffent way and we both have different priorities but we are both committed to the Matari people. I have been with UK longer than most and I for one salute my brothers and sisters in EM.

4 Likes

Yes. Yes you can.

4 Likes