Insta Warp System Paying for Warp Welling

What a cursed idea, delete this before you give CCP anymore terrible ideas.

I have revised the idea again.

Instead of giving players the option of Insta Warping, make exiting a gate after a jump the same as leaving a station.

Upon exiting the gate, the players ship would be at full velocity. As long as the player doesn’t move her or his ship within 30 seconds, the player could then Insta warp to a bookmarked location.

If a gank has taken place on a gate at less than 100km though, the mechanic would return to transporting the ship through the gate without the station velocity mechanic until CONCORD left the gate.

Such a mechanic would be introduced on all gates across the game and wouldn’t be considered pay to win. Not to mention the idea would keep traffic flowing in all the systems and congestion down which could allow for unrestricted large scale combat in Null at the drop of a hat.

With combat in Null taking a lot of resource calculation that muddles the spreadsheet up when large scale combat takes place, reducing TIDI as a result of gate use could create a better flow in the spreadsheet mechanics.

Players could also purchase Insta Warp Tokens, 3 for $3.99 that would allow the player to exit the gate at full velocity and then be able to Insta warp to the next gate at a location on the next gate that is the same distance and along the same path that the player is currently on at the gate they jumped from, even if a gank has recently taken place and CONCORD is present.

The tokens would only be able to be used by freighter class ships, Bowheads, Haulers, Orca and Mining Barges on gates.

The tokens would not be useable outside a range of 20km from any gate, could not be used at stations, structures, or in space.

Many do have a problem with it, but it is too late to do anything about it now.

The summer of rage was all about screwing with the economy of the sandbox. The discussion about SP did come up and the general consensus was that so long as nothing was added or removed from the sandbox, we’d all wait and see, as opposed to an absolute rejection of the idea. That was just enough of an opening in the tent for CCP’s camel nose.

If you do not see how your idea isn’t PTW, then I must assume you’ve not considered all of the effects of the idea. You’re clearly not an idiot, so I will encourage you to thought experiment a bit more.

If you want to have a discussion about travel mechanics, I’m all for it. My Quixotic lance will be forever aimed at Eve’s travel mechanics, just leave RL money out of it.

Yes it is. It doesn’t even just allow you to buy an in-game advantage. It allows you to buy an item that straight up determines outcomes. So, not just no, but hell no.

What are you talking about? I complained about expert systems in the official dev thread for them. They are P2W, the free ships compete with industrialists, and they will likely give many new players the wrong impression about the game. I not only have a problem with expert systems in and of themselves, but they also make me concerned over potential future monetization methods.

If you want P2W, go play Eve Echoes and leave my Eve alone.

1 Like

Why is everybody so negative about “pay-to-win” - isn’t that the new meta?

1 Like

Another troll post from @DrysonBennington

Do you post these ideas that you know are bad just to get attention?

“mommy mommy look at me”

2 Likes

And what exactly am I trolling for?

Not forum likes, I have been playing Eve to long to care about mindless things such as likes.

A troll is when someone posts a comment and does not reply, which obviously I am not doing.

Xeux, to answer your question regarding pay-to-win.

The attacks on the perceived pay-to-win didn’t start showing up until four years ago.

Before that players would overjoyed to purchase PLEX to build up their skills much faster.

Before PLEX was vaulted you had to carry your PLEX from station to station in order to use it. I can remember kills where a pilot lost 300 PLEX in their freighter due to a gate camp.

After PLEX losses started showing up, the vault came into play to protect PLEX purchases, which ticked off some people who no longer wanted to sub and instead hunted PLEX freighters, which eventually turned in High Sec ganking.

Those against the perceived pay to win most likely gank to keep their accounts in Omega and haven’t paid a sub fee in years. After all, wouldn’t paying for a sub with their own money be pay-to-win?

What do you think about the idea of ships exiting a gate in any system already being at full velocity and ready to warp?

The idea would work and would not create any unfair advantages for either the ganker or freighter pilot.

The freighter pilot would have to actually do more work to create book marks from the various locations they exit the gate to be honest.

It is no dumber than Pochven (or filaments). Sure, go ahead.

What free ships in Eve Online are you talking about?

I have never had a free ship in EvE, other than the rookie frigate and ships I received from missions.

No one said anything about free ships.

The Expert System is a way for Rookies to have a little Omega fun without purchasing an Omega sub.

Filaments are awesome.

I can as an Alpha Capsuleer, jack into Null, rat the belts and run ESS sites, then jack out into a Trig system and then jack into High Sec.

Sure, I can by-pass every single Null gate camp, but pffft, so sorry about them not getting the gate camp kill.

You should try Filament Jacking sometime. It is very exhilarating to say the least.

They make Eve even more of a theme park than it already was.

Expert Systems packages bought through the Eve store have come with free ships.

what good is purchasing something to experience, without the ships to experience it? I’m pretty sure the ships don’t stay with the player do they?

even if they do buy the packages with the ships, they techically paid for the ship, but they won’t have the skills to fly it.

I didn’t read anything about the Expert System providing free ships to the player, just renting the skills.

What does a player do if the player loses a rented ship? They would have to replace the lost ship, which because of the gankers pursuit of ganking barges, most players would stop purchasing the Expert System after a while.

Back on topic as this is not a discussion about the ins and outs of the Expert System but about players renting or purchasing tokens to make their ships align time and warp away from a gate a lot faster.

Like I posted before, a system similar to the undock mechanics of a station, create a bookmark and then Insta Warp to it would be beneficial to industrialists and miners.

When the player flying the industrial uses the token, prior to using the gate, and is piloting any barge, freighter, Orca, hauler or Bowhead, when the player reaches the other side of the gate, the players ship would remain cloaked for as long as it took to align to the bookmark which would be based on the level of the token.

White Token + 15 seconds of additional cloak and 15% increase in alignment speed. Three tokens $3.99

Green Token + 10 seconds of additional cloak and 20 % increase in alignment speed. Three tokens $4.99.

Gold Token + 20 seconds of additional cloak and 10 % increase in alignment speed. Three tokens $7.99.

The ship would not warp while cloaked though but would de cloak for three seconds before warping.

Since CONCORD can be ‘bribed’ to look the other way through war decs, then CONCORD can be bribed to push the Big Red Warp Welling Button that is all the way up there in a little room, with a little window at the top of that comm tower.

In this thread: Dryson tries to bribe his way out of being ganked by making irrelevant comparisons. Take your pay2win crap back to the mobile-gaming shithole it crawled out of.

2 Likes

Would pay 5 bucks for a “Teleport on top of Dryson” Gold Token

4 Likes

So, you want people to be able to pay (with real money in particular) for super safe travel? Thats a really bad idea

2 Likes

Corporations in the game pay for either Super Safe PvP in High Sec using either real money or ISK through a mechanic called a War Dec.

The War Dec allows Super Safe PvP because CONCORD doesn’t show up to pwn both sides for fighting.

No, the system I mentioned wouldn’t be super safe because gankers could easily establish zones 100 to 150 km in front of the gate where the gate would jump the Industrial to.

Industrials could still be warp scrambled as normal when emerging from gate even when using the IWS Token.

Gankers don’t care about standings to begin with so for an industrial to be scrambles by gankers on a gate would be normal.

The enhanved cloaking system idea for the IWS is bad and has been removed.

The IWS would still place the Industrial in a random location 20 to 25 km from the gate it has exited and would provide the Industrial with 3/4 full velocity.

When reaching warp critical velocity, the Industrial would warp straight ahead out to a range of 125 km for Alpha pilots and 200 km for Omega pilots.

The player would then have to manually align their ship for their next jump.

Hopefully other pilots would be encouraged to anchor Mobile Jump Depots close to the exit point of the IWS jump to get the Industrial on its way.

By no means would the IWS jump be safe because the system would take the Industrial away from the protection of the gate guns which is advantageous for gankers.

Did you just suggest that you should be able to pay ransom to CCP to save your ship with real money?