- Install Mint 20; update system. I use Mate desktop.
- Ensure video driver is functional from driver manager (tested w/ Nvidia 1060 and 440.100 driver, as well as AMD RX590 that doesn’t need proprietary driver)
- Install dxvk from software center. (wow does it bring a lot of dependancies)
*tested without dxvk and had stuttery sound on one machine…so meh.
- Install steam from software manager.
- Install eve from steam.
- Set launcher to download everything, and turn on hardware rendering (significantly reduces cpu load of launcher itself).
- In game, turn all the graphics options all the way up including anti-aliasing, then contract all your belongings to me because you want to start fresh and new.
*no ssl issues
*no qt issues
*desktop icon is automatic
*If your distro is different; you might have to add your applicable mesa-vulkan drivers to get good framerates
*would ~probably~ work with just plain wine 5 if you really dislike steam for some reason