Intaki Hamesha

I promise you, any hostility is entirely in your reading of things. Would it help if I added smilies? :slight_smile:

I have no dog in this fight, and I started off by agreeing with you that the situation isn’t a simple matter. It’s not, and it doesn’t have a simple resolution. Would it be nice if there was a way to achieve the objective of getting Intaki and the surrounding systems out of the direct line of capsuleer fire without a show of military force? Of course it would.

But was it ever possible? If the Fed had just announced they were withdrawing Intaki from the warzone, while it was under Caldari control, would the State have accepted that? Would the Megacorps have accepted ‘oh, well, our subcontracting for resource exploitation is all null and void now, let’s not use corporate security assets to contest this’?

Past behavior indicates it’s more likely they’d have ordered someone to suicide-detonate a titan in the atmosphere to render the planet lifeless, first. I mean, if they’re willing to do it to their homeworld, they’ll sure as hell do it to someone else’s.

Nope, it’s not a tit-for-tat, nor is it an assertion that you made the claim. Rather, it’s simply establishing that at no point did the State make any move that indicated they didn’t still accept the Yulai border as the underlying legal reality. ie: even the State knew the State couldn’t withdraw Intaki from the warzone, only the Federation could.

No, and once again, it’s not about what you said. It’s establishing that the State couldn’t do what Intaki needed someone to do. That’s it.

Intaki needed someone to get it out of the warzone. Only one entity had the legal standing to do it. So in the binary choice of ‘which is better, Intaki being in a position where someone might decide to do a full-scale planetary assault a la Floseswin IV, or the Federation setting up a defensive perimeter while they unf*ck the status of one of their founding homeworlds?’ … I mean, sincere question. You tell me. I’m curious which you think would be better.

Really? Because ever since Operation Highlander, Caldari Prime’s been a shared, demilitarized world…

Now, will it remain that way? Hard to say, but I think since the State’s already invaded Luminaire once over the planet, if the Federation try to change that status in any way, they’ll do it again. And this time, they probably won’t stop until they’ve reduced every other planet in the system to slag.

Let me be clear here: I am not a fan of either of the Expansionist Powers. I definitely do have a preference for the one that isn’t actively attempting to destroy my people and blow up our stars, but I very much would prefer the cluster be in a much more stable configuration where the two isolationist powers make common cause to tell the Expansionists (who, ideologically, are far too diametrically opposed to enter a similar league) to screw right off and leave us out of their fedo farts.

1 Like