[Into the Abyss] Entropic Disintegrators and Filaments - Naming, Visual, and Descriptive Suggestions

Anyone remember the fiasco with naming polarized weapons? (at one point they were going to be called imbued, among other things)

1 Like

Making an adjustment: as it turns out, the Triglavian corps have shown up, & they correspond with these images images from the art panel:

The corps are the Peruna, Svarov, and Velesian Clades - seeing as they match the trio so obviously, I’m adjusting the faction variants of the Disintegrators to match :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If I could possibly make a few alternate suggestions for “truncated” and “aggrandized”?

Truncated Entropic Disintegrator Current
Aggrandized Entropic Disintegrator Stream

Truncated » Shear
Aggrandized » Intense

So:

Shear Entropic Disintegrator Current
Intense Entropic Disintegrator Stream

1 Like

+1 This idea

1 Like

Potato? Ok then. (Peruna is Finnish for potato)

2 Likes

:wink:

But joke aside indeed good post.

2 Likes

Was no joke. He’s always been one of the most engaging and interesting writers in the community.

At one point I was convinced he was an alt of CCP Guard, but in reality, he’s much taller. j/k

2 Likes

Good thoughts, They will add character nicely

You misunderstood, I was referring to myself joking. Check my name and re-read that post, it should make sense now.

3 Likes

shush, just let it be T.E.D.

Oh yes, those are much better and make sense. :+1::+1::+1:

While I like many of the lore and flavor-enhancing suggestions, this one speaks to a good change when helping explain EVE modules to new players: Tier-a-cide and its consistent modifier language. Explaining EVE takes long enough as it is :wink:

Made a large update to the OP after finally being able to work with the Abyss today, adding an entire section about Filaments and containing each part into its own section - check out the new things and let me know what you think, especially the massive descriptive brainstorming for the Filaments~

3 Likes

If I could like the OP twice I would.

2 Likes

the shapes of the charges make them pretty easy to distinguish but of everything listed this is the only change i would agree with

the names are fine particularly for the charges they don’t need a change same with the filaments.

It’s also a Marks and Spencer women’s clothing line. =/

1 Like

Y’know, at this point after playing with the stuff for a while, most of the original things for the Abyssal stuff has grown on me - at this point I’d narrow my suggestion down to the ammo colors, filament naming/descriptions, and maybe changing small/medium/large entropic disintegrator to light/medium/heavy~

ammo

1 Like

Well that’s simply top class ! Well done OP.

Really well thought through and +1 from me too.

1 Like

hire uriel as a consultant plz

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.