Into The Abyss: First Impressions

Normally I’m the first to jump on and criticize CCP, and I hardly ever defend them. But I’m fair. I really don’t see this as being an error on CCP’s part. The market is the market, and nobody ever said you’re gonna log in to the game and see filaments raining down like mana from heaven. I personally didn’t have that expectation.

Pop some ADHD medication, and come back in a few days.

3 Likes

It’s outrageous… Wasted so many hours because main expansion feature not working!

I can see this Abyss expansion going south about as fast as resource wars did…

4 Likes

what do you mean?

My first impression: abyss is easy if you are still looking for your first filament after 50 data sites.

My first impressions were nice, and then every site started dropping me 2 empty structures with the 3rd structure containing a handful of isogen-10 -.-

Those data sites that don’t drop anything

Yeah, there are some regions in which they don’t drop anything at all. Some guys said that they drop in Relic sites instead.

Pretty good way of frustrating players though. Once you find a Filament, you can basically farm with no end, but until you do, it’s large amounts of data sites. I guess today and tomorrow will mark the days with the highest ever run on data sites, after that it will go back to normal.

@zluq_zabaa Actually, the filament drop rate is less than 1.0 per pocket - so you do need to reply on the market or scanning them down at some point.

Well yeah, maybe I do that, but I start to lose interest.

Seriously, puttinga treshold is fine, but having such a huge treshold only to have perma-farming once you got that one single filament to start rolling, is beyond stupid imo.

I had better luck on my last 2 runs so maybe CCP adjusted something. Free tip: If you drop a skill book inject it right away. That way, even if you die you at least preserve the skill.

1 Like

Not originally. I didn’t follow the changes tho.

Checking killboard while having a beer looking at what ppl did wrong and i’m seeing hg pods here and there even decent pvpers dead here and there.

When i said the sites were ■■■■ i went for the worst rng spawns i supose some people are finding out the hard way that the sites ARE NOT balanced

3 Likes

Did like 30+ Data sites in the last few hours: not a single filament drop. So either it’s my bad luck again, or the spawn rates are too low.

1 Like

Just pull the internet cable out of your computer, lose connection, send CCP a reimbursement claim due to network loss, try it again…

i did more than 50 now in 3 regions, no filament. It feels like an extremely shitty timesink, which will have no meaning in a day or two after tier1 filaments will flood the market or ccp raises the droprate.

Maybe the haters were right after all

1 Like

read the support page. there is no reimburse for ANY kind of loss in abyssal deadspace, no matter the reason

1 Like

they already posted something along the lines of if you die inside get lost.

1 Like

The solution is simple then. Don’t do any Abyssal sites. Period. It will go away faster than even Resource Wars did…

5 Likes

im not just gloating over the failure of it.currently docked in deep ass end of null counting my templar 2s and compressed spod.

forgot to mention killing a guy looking for data sites too-used one as bait