Introducing EVE Academy

Stealth “use expert system” site…

1 Like

Freedom is nice and all, but with the amount of content there is, it can easily cause overload and a sense of “where do I go from here”. Give them well Def Ned roles, and let them come to the open possibilities themselves, they’ll eventually figure it out, especially with a corp’s help.

And yes, We know, there are people who do the same thing for years because they don’t expand outside of their comfort zone. It happens. You can’t account for everything

They’re skills that improve the performance/fitting options for all ships. New players shouldn’t focus on them, but they’re great skills to use as ‘filler’ for a queue while you try out your ships and try to decide where you’re going next.

3 Likes

EoM for balanced ship fitting.

Yes that is what I said. The point is that the academy goes “go start with these”.

Please add a section to the Enforcer mentioning the various, numerous combat anomalies enabled by player soveignty in nullsec. You can do them with destroyers and up. PvE doesn’t just happen in high-sec.

Academy fits for cruisers would also be nice for pve and pvp.

I would also recommend the LinkNet Community to find a corporation for all four play styles.

https://eve-linknet.com/

SET A COURSE

Don’t know what to do next? Why not try one of these activities and see what you find along the way:

Easy

• Fit your ship with the Probe Scanner, and Analyzer modules
  • Scan down and hack a Highsec Relic Site
  • Scan down and jump into a wormhole
  • Bookmark every Cosmic Signature in a system to visit later

lol, “Scan down and jump into a wormhole” really? :rofl:

4 Likes

YES. THIS.

When I first stumbled on the dreadnoughts bombarding a world thing, I didn’t know where to look for the world news thing. I had to ask around, either in game or by searching through reddit.

CCP/EVE needs to do better to highlight the lore stuff.
I wouldn’t still be playing if I weren’t interested in the setting and the fiction.
I imagine they lose a lot of potential players by not leveraging the universe and its lore/characters/flavour more, esp. early on (i.e., New Player Experience).

9 Likes

Thanks for the feedback - we’ll take a look at how the magic 14 are presented.

They have some value in being broadly applicable and good queue filler, but you’re right we don’t really want these to become the default training queue for a brand new player either.

This resource is pretty focused on showing players what they can do in-game and learning first steps in terms of mechanics and opportunities. We’re looking at other ways to better surface lore / world news, but if I can find a way to work a bit more lore / a link into it from these academy pages I’ll be happy to do so.

8 Likes

Just put a link to https://fiction.eveonline.com/ and call it “Lore of EVE Online” in other links, problem solved?

7 Likes

That we can do :slight_smile:

I’m just trying to think of other ways it could be worked into the paths perhaps as well.

9 Likes

In the Corp Show info.

@Zhalyd_Lyehin his isn’t true, (unless you are in corp), however I don’t see a reason a list of every member in the corp is useful to new players.

EVE-Gate
EVE-lopedia
EVE-Voice

Have you noticed a pattern with all the things CCP seems to want to try and run? yeah this project isn’t going to be maintained much

The people who whine don’t do things like read tutorial messages ingame, they aren’t going to read an out of game website if they can’t be bothered to read the ingame messages

1 Like

That is my thought as well. I don’t see the point for a newbie to sift through the hundreds or thousands of chars of big corps that they are funneled into by this Academy. EVE Who is something for slightly more advanced players and not exactly helpful in finding corps to join as a new player (unless you have ulterior motives).

But maybe someone else can enlighten me why it would be important to know which characters are in a corp when you as a newbie don’t know what to do with that information anyway? What benefit does a newbie gain from knowing about Emelia Valeria being in Silent Company when they apply to that alliance with 34k anonymous chars?

Like EVE-Updates? :joy:

1 Like

This tbh.

I would suggest reaching out to your non English speaking community and finding some appropriate corporations to suggest.

3 Likes

If you are going to instruct new players to fit something, knowing that they may already be confused, you have to use the REAL name of the modules.

There is no such thing as a Probe Scanner, you have probes and probe launchers. You just sent this newbie on a wild goose chase.

Probe scanning - EVE University Wiki

7 Likes

I haven’t much time to play video games currently. Did I miss something? What happened to EVE University?

Needs some optimization on mobile other than that looks great.

2 Likes