But does it stop people from “grinding” there. Is another question.
We had a similiar problem with Frontier…where depending on how you started in the starting system, it could make our break your beginning in frontier…in earlier builds. I have a concern that CCP didn’t learn the upside/downside counterpoints of that particular playtest. Because I can see where spending some time in Exordium can end up with some very “baked” capsuleer characters.
Another question as well, if CCP is gong to do this. What is stopping people from gaming this region as a protected location for character bazaar sales too?
There needs to be alot of deterance even with GM power to this region. Because I can see someone getting a GM or CCP to shift their stuff to this region and being nearly impossible to deal with.
I think alot of people also haven’t factored in, that Exordium can be used by player groups to poison the well. IE either by influence, or politics. You don’t need to gank to then ruin someones starting experience. I think all the hypernet/referral code/ recruitment spam needs to not show up there. The poisoning the well issue can also give false impressions of EVE…which can be a nasty shock when players leave Exordium (if they do) - this also relates to Yulai potentially becoming highly dangerous…then getting 1.0 treatment. (Just like what happened to Hek…but then ignoring the whole path to Hek and those systems security pertaining to the SOCT Epic Arc.)
The other question as well, is CCP going to limit what skills can be trained up there. Because I can see people using Exordium as the “Training Hub” where groups can end up with more skillpoint heavy characters in safety…then they come out as a full corporation/alliance into the game as a bloc batch. I think that as well, needs to be discussed in depth.
You can also have “Influence Infection” IE a player/streamer gets into Exordium and then “teaches” or “influences” all the wrong way or ideas. Or propagandizes against certain alliances while being fairly untouchable in that region. And this is another problem too…Those influencer/players in Exordium can potentially due to changes with PLEX marketing, probably market affect the game in ways unintended too. (Which might need some rethinking on this as well.)
Because I see large number of potential problems beginning in Exordium and dominoe effects rippling outward.
The current 12 schools, probably need updates instead of Exordium. The other interesting issue is that if everyone can start from the same 0 (Exordium) why do we need the start screen choice?
You could end up…with a bloodlineless start. And as your go around Exordium you end up chosing a faction, and then jumping out. (Not sure if that will make alot of people happy…could complicate alt making)
That is another question…does Exordium simplify or complicate alt creation? Or is it required for certain training bonuses for the AIR Program…which then creates “lock out” scenario which can retroactively penalize older capsuleers from collectible content for their characters. This is another interesting question mark in my perspective.