Introducing Exordium!

So, one just has to recycle alts then. Unless that’s declared an exploit.

1 Like

well with the 12 new starter systems, that is probably why its so big, so once they complete some of the AIR stuff, they get distributed evenly across all starter systems.

Yulai is the entrance and exit point for Exordium, but to quickly get out via shipcaster, you can only use it one time.

…per character. Which means I will just create a new alt every time I need to use that fast shortcut.

1 Like

why not just use Yulai?

I think the biggest takeaway here is how CCP has repeatedly stated that ganking of rookie players is “rare” and “very uncommon”. All the crybabies can whine about it all day long, but CCP says it’s not actually a problem.

6 Likes

Depends on where I need to go. I’m not sure how shipcasters work exactly yet, but if their exit point is near Amarr somewhere, then I will go in from Yulai, trade my alt the stuff that needs to be moved to Amarr and have him use the shipcaster to get there. If this is faster than me taking the 30+ jumps from Sinq Laison to Amarr, then i will use it.

Again, I’m not sure how shipcasters will work logistically yet. So, that remains to be seen.

Will there be punishment for dropping containers with plex on undocks and gates?

true I think its the whole projection that high sec is supposed to be “safe” is where a lot of the whining about ganking etc came from.. but yea its not really rookies getting ganked.

no containers allowed except jetcans, and those have a small expiry.

1 Like

As is, it does sound like some people would recycle alts in order to teleport high-value items from one location to another. Implants for example.

its not meant to use as a hauling shortcut if thats what you’re thinking..

Right, but the way it is designed, it will be used as a hauling shortcut. Everytime you want to use it, you can just recycle a new alpha alt.

2 Likes

unless there’s a restriction on ship size that can go through.

I can fit a number of high-value items into a shuttle!

Even if there is not a ship size restriction, I can easily fit tens of billions of isk into a corvette. High value items will be easier to teleport from Jita to Amarr unless they have a cargo value restriction.

1 Like

The security of Exordium should be 2.0. Leave the rest of EVE as it is. Since a new higher security space is being created, create the new higher security level along with it.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I don’t like this. The new region is much too large, much too symmetrical, and even with only one use per character the shipcasters are going to be abused. The shipcasters need to be limited to only allowing access with a capsule, and there should be absolutely zero way to make money in a region that doesn’t permit PvP. Because even if only 75% yield veldspar spawns there, miners (read bots) will just farm it day in and day out, and the only thing actual players can do to stop it is bump them out one at a time. Because we all know CCP is unable (or unwilling) to do anything against very obvious botting.

The original speculation was that the new region was going to be a virtuality. You could plug in or plug out, but anything earned inside would be perpetually stuck there. I liked that idea a hell of a lot better than this idiocy. Any profit that can be had in perfect safety is bad for EVE.

2 Likes

I think changing introducing 2.0 security level would be a better solution. Don’t change the EVE security levels.

3 Likes