Introducing Exordium!

I think the mentality of treating other people and players as content is wrong.

While eve is a pvp game, it doest have regional (based on security space) differences.

Again, seal clubbing for the sake of seal clubbing does not make you a stellar player or pvper. You (Rhetorically anyone) is the problem in this case.

1 Like

This is EVE. Other players have been content since day one…

1 Like

I started in 08. There were already bitter old vets who at the time, I could never catch up to.

Challenge accepted. Now that you can catch up to bitter old vets, maybe you should try gaining the experience to rivel them instead of needing a safe place to “chill”.

The game was never designed to accommodate lazy players and CCP, for all their effort can’t change that…

2 Likes

I am the problem.

But I like clubbing seals vOv

Being able to buy all skills to level 5 with a simple credit card swipe on day one throws that argument right out the window.

Do at least some homework. :roll_eyes:

When I started, there was no plex, no selling of skill points. There was never any way I could catch up to the BOV at that point in the game. CCP stated repeatedly stated that they would never sell SP’s. Times have changed.

2 Likes

What homework? The game is now, and has been for years, designed to accommodate lazy players. What they said to placate you 20 years ago makes no difference.

Fair point! So why then does anyone care if excrementium works?

3 Likes

I’m stealing that…

1 Like

Look what you started! :rofl:

1 Like

lol, Ned Eden…

1 Like

Winter is coming… "Hi-diddly-ho, neighborino!"

1 Like

It’s just a game. We all should just have a little bit more humor about it and enjoy it more than trying to ruin it. :wink:

^ Agreed!

Don’t know if you’re just a troll who likes to instigate trouble and disrupt threads or that you actually just plain misunderstand what I was talking about… Either way your post has nothing to do with the topic at hand and only seeks to incite more hostility…

As for the topic at hand, if you actually believe the reason CCP/FC is implementing this totally PvP-free ‘Safe Space’ for new players, then you’ve definitely drank too much of their electric Kool-Aid…

Like we’re suppose to believe this new area is being implemented because a majority of new players quit Eve due to the fear of being ganked…

If you weren’t so busy White Knighting and constantly promoting their company propaganda like a paid shill, you’d probably realize that reason is just smoke and mirrors, an excuse that allows them to save face without admitting they lied about it, just like they’ve done in the past on a number of other topics…

My personal opinion is that most new players don’t quit as a result of being ganked, scammed, etc. I believe most quit due to boredom or simply because the game doesn’t deliver as advertised.

Even if players find a group or corporation, this isn’t necessarily the key to retention, either.

I don’t think Exordium is necessarily a bad idea. On the contrary, it might finally be a step in the right direction - if only to allow all the new players to gather in a single region to better learn the game on their own.

5 Likes

I mean, when evidence supports what they claim about new bros not being ganked…I tend to not think that they would be lying. People “complain” about newbros being ganked to try and nerf ganking…now (one the expansion goes live) they need to think of a new excuse for being gank targets that isn’t admitting that they made decisions that made them a gank target.

When people are fed AI answers, which is fed from online discourse, the AI goes for quanity, which often times is not correct. FC needs to get ahead of those and make it obvious that newbros are not being ganked and that high sec is not safe.

1 Like

I’m sure new players are ganked and scammed. I don’t think that’s the reason they quit. Boredom on the other hand…

1 Like

Oh I’m sure some are as well, FC says as much, just not a large number. I agree that boredom is the main cause and I am happy they are handing things off to FW now.

1 Like

The issue is Exordium is being billed as a place the newbies can stick around for a while. And the only content they’re going to get there is mining and missions. Which is the most boring content EVE has to offer. The old rookie systems only had the tutorial, once you were done you basically had to leave, and were free to discover everything EVE has to offer. If the newbies take the advice to stay in Exordium until they’ve mastered the game mechanics, they are going to find EVE boring.