Introducing Exordium!

Also newbies tend to not really fly Orcas around in their first 4 weeks…so each Orca you might want to bump that is flown by a veteran should not fall under any rooky griefing rule i suppose?

I think that, as a new player, they should just be grateful if any Orcas show up to provide them with free boosting and compression services…

I know of one new player who was functionally flying an orca in twelve days having not used a single injector.

1 Like

Thats a feat monetarily and skill time… Sounds unrealistic. But kuddos to em.

The bump-happy asshats can’t allow the newbies to have that “luxury”.

1 Like

I don’t get the rationale behind the need to generate griefing “content” vs. attracting more players to the game who may end up sticking around and providing long-term actual “content”…

4 Likes

It’s sociopathy gamified

1 Like

EVE does tend to attract its fair share of anti-social and psychotic personalities… Maybe even more than its fair share…

2 Likes

Hey, we need an outlet too.

1 Like

Alphas cannot mine ice, so…

No.

First of all, my comment wasn’t directed to you..

Secondly, I don’t even recognize you or care about what you have to say, you just recently started spam posting here in April, before that you did a couple of posts back in 2022… I’m gonna say you’re somebody’s alt that’s recently been put back into forum action…

Furthermore, I don’t align / rally with Anti-gankers or Gankhaters… What I do align / rally with is having meaningful balanced game mechanics pertaining to risk v rewards and actions v consequences…

As for my viewpoint on CCP/FC telling the truth, obviously you haven’t been here long enough or you’d know that in the past they have lied numerous times on various topics, they have repeatedly said one thing and then did the complete opposite…

After being called out by the playerbase multiple times over the years for broken promises, they pretty much stopped posting here in the forums… So yeah, I basically don’t believe much of what they say or the stats that they post…

By the way, Z-killboard doesn’t track all kills and those who are registered have the option to manually enter kill-mails of their choice…

If that were true then there would be no reason to implement a PvP free ‘Safe Space’ for new players…

2 Likes

Ganking, scamming (griefing) is only one reason new players quit. It’s anyone’s guess what impact this has on new players since it’s been, what… 6-7 years (or longer) since we’ve had any info on this?

Just like CCP said in the first dev blog, Ganking does not happen often to newbros. However there are people, like you, who continue to say that it happens, without proof, and EVE gained a reputation of the ganking, even though it doesn’t happen as often. CCP has all the data, you do not.

I can only think of a few things they went back on (selling ships and SP), other things, people took out of context or flat out misunderstood.

Or maybe it happens more often than not - and maybe it’s not a huge issue.

They literally said that it’s uncommon and was already against the EULA.

Input broadcasting is against the EULA… botting is against the EULA… RMT is against the EULA. Are you saying BOB is always watching and waiting to smite anyone who steps out of line? These kind of things are strangely uncommingly common…

Ganks are very easy to see, especially for CCP. Botting and RMT takes more effort to detect. If it was common, please provide proof.

And how on New Eden would we accomplish this? You say ganking isn’t a factor - I say maybe it is. Only FC knows for sure… The difference is that I’m not adamant that I’m right - or that you’re wrong. I’m just saying… we don’t know one way or the other.

OK so as we speak, right now;
Gallente players can farm Hideaways and get a 3/10 DED escalation in Exordium.
Caldari players can farm Hideaways and get a 4/10 DED escalation in Exordium.
Minmatar players can farm Hideaways and get NO DED escalation in Exordium.
Amarr players can farm Hideaways and get NO DED escalation in Exordium.

This is an issue.
IF the intent was that Exordium would provide no escalations, then replace Hideaways with Burrows.

1 Like

Yes, and they are saying that it is not. If you want to refute them, you should bring proof of it…in this case many killmails.