Maybe I missed something. Do you have the link, post or video from FC?
“…under a cloud of anxiety” is hardly an acknowledgement. If 90% of new players (this dates back to 2019, so take this with a grain of salt) leave within the first 7 days (and 50% within the first 24 hours) - I’m not sure you can really say ganking was the cause and effect for 90% of the players who left. But what about the 10% that stuck around for the next 30-90 days? Sometimes perception (as FC indicates) is merely enough.
(sorry, had to add that addendum)
Some skybox feedback:
I think it could have been done better.
The skybox of Exordium is reusing the skybox of Sinq Laison, but appears to be using colored filters over them for the faction’s corners.
For example see this cloud here in white versus a yellow Amarr filter:
Center:
Amarr space (Haven):
Minmatar (Strokar):
Caldari (Crucible):
Gallente (Fed free-zone):
Was there really not a better option?
A new skybox would’ve been lovely but perhaps too much to ask. Reusing Sinq Laison’s skybox as center skybox for Exordium is a logical choice as they’re pretty close to each other.
But would it not have been better to (re)use different skyboxes for each of the corner constellations? Use the skyboxes of each of the faction’s regions nearest to each of Exordium’s corners?
So we’d use 5 skyboxes total for Exordium, rather than one with filters.
I mean, if we’re flying in another corner of space I would expect to see different constellations and different clouds. Not the exact same thing with a different colour filter. That’s just disappointing.
I remember when I was a newbie in EVE and was positively surprised to notice that each region had it’s own skybox and that those clouds we see in the sky made positional sense to where we are in the universe!
That sense of wonder has stuck with me since, it really made a good impression. It was awesome to realize that, and such impressions with fine details are really good for players who visit the game in their first hours.
If I were new to EVE now and were to see that these four distant corners are all the exact same but with a piss filter I would be much less impressed.
Improve please?
I mean, the region has a physical location, and in all those locations, Sinq Laison’s nebula is visible and the closest nebulae. The “filter” may just be the star color, I’m not sure about that though.
Maybe it’s a placeholder?
I also checked the other corners.
There are no green stars, yet Gallente has a green filter.
The sun is yellow by the way:
Yeah no idea why the filters then, that is odd. The Skybox though makes sense to me.
Sinq Laison for the center part makes sense to me, it’s close to the center of Exordium.
I would have hoped that since the other four corners of Exordium are far towards other regions that those corners got the skyboxes of those regions too.
Exordium’s Gallente Federation Free-Zone is right besides the Essence region, for example.
Why not give that constellation the Essence skybox?
It would be significantly better than a green filter over the Sinq Laison region, in my opinion.
Skybox aside, I like the new music in Exordium!
Even in the other 3 corners, Sinq is the closest still. (essence skybox is of Sinq)
Image is 3D map with camera top down.
Yea, but that’s only a choice of where CCP placed the ‘real’ location of those constellations.
That location was arbitrary and could have been placed further into the faction’s respective regions.
The idea to have four corners of Exordium for each of the factions was a good one, I like that.
The execution just isn’t as good as the initial idea with these filters instead of proper skyboxes.
There aren’t any green stars anywhere in New Eden, yes?
Funny that you ask, I saw this reddit thread a while ago:
Pretty cloud here at the new main station in Manifest!
I just wonder why it hasn’t been affected by the gravity of planet Manifest V which is suspiciously close by.
Can you fly through the cloud - or is it a static effect around the planet?
It’s one of those volumetric cloud effects around the station, but huge and much larger than usual as even with max zoomed out camera you still cannot see the cloud from outside.
Still waiting for random “space weather” that could randomly appear anywhere at anytime…
Metaliminal Storms you mean? ![]()
Here’s some new station interior:
Looks pretty. Still building, I see some scaffolds.
Neat!











