Fancy, this station has multiple platforms for ships like the Upwell structures!
I just exited my shuttle and appeared at the other platform:
Fancy, this station has multiple platforms for ships like the Upwell structures!
I just exited my shuttle and appeared at the other platform:
I am old frequent poster, I was discussing before as @Vokan_Narkar . I lost access to that alt this year (as I biomassed him 3 years ago). So I had to use my main.
Sorry for OT.
Gotta give it a listen to when I have a chance!
There’s a bunch of HUGE asteroids all around the Minmatar Mining Outpost in the Tindfjalla system. It’s also the best looking station in the game IMHO…the Minmatar Asteroid Station. It looks amazing!
/msd
Once again, if that were true then there’s no reason to implement a PvP free ‘Safe Space’ for new players…
However there are people, like you, who continue to say that it happens, without proof, and EVE gained a reputation of the ganking, even though it doesn’t happen as often.
Eve had a reputation of ganking long before I started playing… The only time I say new player griefing does happen is when players like you say it rarely happens…
In fact, over the years the actual rule changes pertaining to Rookie Griefing have become more defined and stricter…
Case in point:
Rookie System Rule changes:
April 2012 — Implicit Expansion of Bans for “Baiting”
Ban’s issued for ‘can-baiting’ new players in rookie systems.
April 2014 — Public Rule Enforcement Clarification
Updated rules to include Grief Play:
Tricking new players into being attacked.
Stealing assets and scamming ISK from new players.
July 2017 — Extension to the “Sisters of EVE” Epic Arc
Increased amount of new player protected systems to 35.
Included Harassment / Hindering new player completion of NPE Epic Arc.
July 2024 — Consolidation of the Support Policy
Documentation published designating ‘Rookie Systems’ to include Starter systems, Career Agent systems and most SoE Epic Arc systems.
Specifically barred scamming, theft and mechanical exploitation targeting new player’s lack of game experience.
May 2026 — The Exordium Region & “Hard-Coded” Rules (Version 23.02)
Implementation of hard-coded system constraints to prevent new player griefing.
System Security 1.0 Upgrade to completely prevent non-consensual PvP.
Safety Setting Buttons permanently locked to Green status inside Exordium Region.
Restricts PvP combat engagement for duels, killrights and Factional Warfare in Exordium Region.
Characters with active Suspect, Criminal and Limited Engagement combat flags blocked from entering or undocking within Exordium Region.
Definitely strong evidence to support the premise there’s been an ongoing problem of new player griefing, especially since each updated change defined and applied stricter rules… To now ultimately resulting in the implementation of a PvP free ‘Safe Space’ for new players…
Well yes, but since they allowed to sell SPs by players and to buy omega with PLEX that you can buy with credit card and then sell for ISKs ingame. They were indirectly selling those SPs from the beginning…
I made this post in another thd today. Share your thoughts.
I think so also, but what could be done? I made the point before when I started the game, I would Always be 5 yrs behind the bov’s in skill points. Ok, not a big deal back then and I accepted that fact. 20 yrs later, there just had to be a way for a “skilled player” to catch up. If you told me now that there no way in hell I could compete just because I was new would make me not even try the game. There had to be some kinda compromise. Same with plex, CCP was losing a ton of money to rmt, something had to be done weather I liked it or not.
Alphas have more power than they need to “start” the game.
Where do you see those newbro <30 days old kills on zkill by gankers? New players, legit new players, will have nothing worth to gank. And nobody is purposedly gŕiefing and suicide ganking new players just for fun.
any venture in a belt is a target , look at this system one jump out of jita . muvolailen has many examples … if you don’t think players are ganking them only for sport , you’re sadly delusional .
Just want to confirm: patch notes say “mining sites”. Does this include gas? Will gas sites be probe-able in the region? Since you guys are so obtuse with all other gas in the game, some clarity would be really nice.
While we’re at it…please put gas on the new map. Just so there is once-and-for-all clarification what gas flavors can spawn in what regions, whether high, low, or no security.
/msd
Muvo is literally the “home” of Safety. or at least one of their multi-box gankers. You can literally mine in total peace right next door in Annaro (0.8). There’s an L4 agent mining agent in Muvo that I will not even consider using due to how dangerous the system has become. That said, unless you have Safety. set to red you would never know.
/msd
Eve had a reputation of ganking long before I started playing
I vaguely read about eve when some folks i knew were convincing me to try it out. Not a single word about ganking or anything.
I honestly cannot recall a single time anybody warning me of anything when i began playing…not that it wasnt going on ( 2008…im sure it was ) but when i first got pulled into the game by some friends, i never even heard the first thing about ganking, to look out for it, who to watch for…nothing…absolutely nothing.
They said, join our corp and head this way. They even had to teach me how to get the gates to show up in the overview so i could travel. I went through numerous low sec systems without even knowing what low sec was…i guess i got lucky.
Its a wonder i survived at all in my first few weeks in this game…but neverless, this game hooked me instantly. I wouldnt trade those memories for anything.
I wouldnt trade those memories for anything.
Amen!
You know, and it’s the saddest part. The game has lost those moments of accomplishment.
The game has lost those moments of accomplishment.
Its like i told another member here…the genre of gamers are different now than they were back then. The game had to be adjusted for that…which is always unfortunate for we folks that have been here for many years. That usually results in those lost accomplishments you speak of.
Cant stop change.
It’s not the change, I already had to adapt to so many things… It’s just the attitude to towards milking new players for no gain in numbers.
I get it…but again, the span of entitlement is much shorter…people want things faster. That whole mentality just ruins a lot of games that have been around a long time.
I look back now and can still feel the enjoyment i had working my way up…working up from a bantam to a destroyer…to a cruiser, to a battlecruiser. It was a glorious experience.
That whole mentality just ruins a lot of games that have been around a long time.
Boy, will I give you that one! ![]()
Once again, if that were true then there’s no reason to implement a PvP free ‘Safe Space’ for new players…
Did you read the part after, that said they are doing this to quash the rumors and eliminate the anxiety?
Yes the rules have become more strict, that just gives them more tools to punish those who try and weasel themselves out of punishment.
Eve had a reputation of ganking long before I started playing… The only time I say new player griefing does happen is when players like you say it rarely happens…
Yes, it has had that reputation, but it hardly ever happens to new players in high sec. Ganking has always happened, but rarely to new players.
I look back now and can still feel the enjoyment i had working my way up…working up from a bantam to a destroyer…to a cruiser, to a battlecruiser. It was a glorious experience.
I was the 1st one to train into interceptors in our corp. Can’t kill what you could not pin down back then as all of us got more skills! 5 yrs behind was not that big of a deal back then.
This game used to give me chills that rivaled rl experiences.
I am looking for to achievements, especially with Military campaigns. I just wish there was something for all the previous events, like Trig Invasion, Shadow wars, Operation Highlander, etc.
I want an achievement for punting an AFK Orca out of an ice anom at 10km/s…