Introducing Exordium!

Maybe FC just wants to spend less time enforcing the EULA in Exordium. I can’t imagine that constantly responding to player complaints ranks high on the “to-do” list…

:rofl: Thank gawd I use my orcas for more than mining!

1 Like

Wait… what? You can do more than boost and mine in your Orca!?

Let’s see, your character was created in 2010… I’m sure you must have heard of Hulkageddon which was conducted from 2009 to 2013… Course Hulkageddon didn’t invent high-sec ganking, it just turned it into an organized player run contest…

Anyway, regardless of when you started, High-Sec Ganking Campaigns were being done regularly from 2004 to 2008 by various player pirate Corps like M00 and Jihad Swarm… Those Corps would lock down Jump Gates and clear out entire systems of miners… They also started shutting down the Gates connecting Yulai Trade Hub to all 4 main Factions, basically forcing CCP to step in and make changes to the game…

CCP relocated various Star Gate connections which basically killed Yulai and turned Jita into the main Trade Hub… They also changed game mechanics which turned Concord into instant Executioners and made it a bannable exploit to escape or survive a Concord response. Even though it’s still done, they also made pulling Concord an exploit of game mechanics…

Anyway, that’s the history of Eve ganking that I heard about when I first started playing…

1 Like

Don’t forget Burn Jita. Although I think Goons have been too lazy to do it the last few years?

2 Likes

Burn Jita needs to be a weekly event…

1 Like

Yeah, that started happening after Hulkageddon stopped…

I was mainly addressing her statement of not hearing about High Sec ganking happening when she first started playing Eve… Course back then ‘Can-baiting’ was used a lot to keep from being Concorded..

I think they stopped as they depend on Jita so much, lol.

It’s probably not in my Killmail, Ill look later. I double checked my killmail, my first death was in decon lol.

Was my catalyst to join but it predates before I joined eve. My memory of when I joined eve was also pretty hazy being a kid.

But I do recall my first experiences playing EVE during the 7 Day Free trial, plastered all over mmohut and early online YouTube, was being invited into a fleet and then killed in callie and told “Welcome to Eve”. I was never told why and what the reason for the attack. Never really understood “the mechanic” or “legal exploitation” of friendly fire mechanics until years later when I gave EVE a try again and read on E-UNI’s wiki and various reddits.

I’m not sure when that was, probably early 2012-2014? Either way, I don’t think seal clubbing is as prolific as it was then. Especially with ganking, for the most part in highsec, locked behind omega characters with engagement safety controls.

Eve attracts a certain kind of paranoia and hostility. Its like Rust or Tarkov players… well in space. And its been marketed in the old butterfly effect trailers that trust is a commodity and that the name of the game is to get bent every way till sunday and back around again. Its part of Eve’s proverbial fabric, a stain of its older times or just a genuine reality. I think, at least for me it gets tiring at a certain point when I seek more collaboration over competition. I think eve lacks genuinely collaborative mechanics.

2 Likes

Yeah. And I suspect a lot of them have died off over the years…

1 Like

One could hope! But if this and many other threads I’ve read and general talks I’ve seen in local chat, discord, other non-exodium threads. It’s often one or more of the following:

  1. Git Gud
  2. Toxicity
  3. Bitter Vet
  4. It sucked for me then, it needs to suck for you now
  5. Jaded by CCP’s releases, maintenance of content and business
  6. Null-Corp social behaviors something awful forums in 2026
  7. Scammers
  8. Ego

I can probably list more lol. While I’ve made peace with eve’s atmosphere and gamer culture and play a completely different way than most. I don’t think its sustainable for newbies. It feels like an immense gap of just accepting this game sucks and staying around is more about being with good company.

1 Like

For the win!! (drat, used up all my likes for the day…)

1 Like

If they really want to see the tears flow, they should extend “Safe Space” to 0.7-0.9 high-sec systems, lol.

1 Like

I don’t get why PVP-free space is only for new players. Why should they get different rules than everyone else? Most players want to stay in PVP-free space even after they’re no longer new. But I guess that’s what makes EVE sophisticated and high-class — by doing things that don’t make sense?

Well, i was aware of all that after playing for some time. In 2008 ( first account was born march 2008 ) i wasnt aware of anything. Even during Hulkageddon, i never had any issues because i had become pretty vigilant by that time.

Well as i mentioned, im sure it was going on, but i just didnt know anything about any of it. Not a single person said anything about ganking, look out for this or that, do this or that. It was just…join corp, come this way, heres how you travel. That was my training day. I look back now and just wonder how i made all those those jumps in a bantam without getting popped.

You make posts that make no sense. The new space is for everyone…not just new players. The rules will apply for everyone except for the 30 day rule. Again, im not sure what point youre making here. Youre allowed to hang out in there like everybody else. Go there and meet new people…sounds like you need a bit of that.

2 Likes

You can go to the PvP-free zone as well if you’re not new.

I was there last night and saw Christine in local too.

What did you do in Exordium?

Visit new stations and systems, take pretty pictures, listen to the new music, sit safely AFK at gates, ignore the low tier PvE content and say hi to Christine in local.

There were no new players to talk to yet that I saw.

Its a weird exploit as on one hand its ok; if its done a certain way, makes it an exploit.

There’s always an exception to everything..

Even though I mainly did exploration, Republic University Corp (NPC starter corp) had a lot of Industrial players who usually posted that info in chat…