Introducing the HyperNet Relay

RMT isn’t illegal in any sense as far as I am aware, although it is almost certainly a breach of contract. You’re not stealing anything–the items don’t actually go anywhere. You’re basically selling your use rights, which cannot be transferred in exchange for real money without violating your agreement with CCP.

I suppose in some respects it could be considered fraud as to the person purchasing the in-game assets, but they had to agree to the TOS too, so I doubt they’d be allowed to recover anything as they should have known the rights weren’t transferable.

Did you buy it from the market or get it from a loot box?

Theoretically if you can make in short timespan a lot of ISK on this gambling here, the RMT will look like this:

Buy character legit on marketplace, extract, buy expensive items, make raffles, cashout on shady RMT site, can be banned as used up.

For the money earned, buy another character, extract, buy expensive items, make raffles, cashout on shady RMT site, can be banned as used up.

And so on and so on, if thats really profitable. How to really trace it as RMT? Also the short timespan between these acts wouldnt really give CCP time to react…

CCP will get some cash sure from people who doesnt RMT but just happen to buy PLEX from CCP and sale on in game market, RMT guy will buy that for ISK he bought by investing RMT money to buy his HyperCores. Perpetuum mobile.

If that is profitable of course. Just another easy way to “farm” and sell game assets.

So minuscule and irrelevant that CCP has decided to add the option to remove the feature from your account if you are worried about it.

Damn you’re still doing it.

A ban on real money involving online gambling is NOT

64% disapproval is not the same as

Do you even recognise what a professional liar you are? Dude, take a shower when you come home from work - you smell bad…

Well said my friend

This was planned from the beginning.

Sure it is. It’s a massive overreaction because a small subset of the population has an issue. I actually picked the peanut allergy on purpose because the percentages, at least in the US, are similar - between .5 and 2% of the total population.

You’re still using your nonsense self selected poll like it means anything. My 99% of the population number is the 99% of people who do not have a gambling addiction.

I’m not a professional liar and I wouldn’t go so far as to even call you an amateur one. I think most amateurs would be trying harder.

Regardless, you are in the minority on this one.

How many sock puppets do you have?

Which, again, demonstrates that CCP is well aware of the gambling addiction issue, to the point that they added the option to remove it from your account. And yet they still proceeded with the feature. **** CCP and their greed.

Wow. Such a long post just to be wrong. Must suck to waste so much time.

If you buy something with money that is real money. If you bought something with real money - for a determined price like PLEX is - then yes that is the definition of real world value.

Additionally, instead of paying for your sub with real money you can pay for it with PLEX therefore it is defined as “cashing out”. Additionally, just cos CCP don’t like it being sold outside of the game (RMT) does NOT mean it does not happen. Therefore under the legal definition it “can” be done so it counts. Is it right to RMT? Who fkn cares? It happens, end of.

All of the above means that in the first 7 lines you were wrong 4 times so I didn’t bother reading any more. That post has wasted far too much time already and I am not wasting more by ploughing through more nonsense.

100 minus 2 is 98. If even that escapes you then I’m sorry but the rest of your waffle is just as ridiculous. Dumb troll.

Lul

64% is not a minority. The simple fact here is that, contrary to your best efforts in apologetics for CCP, the majority of players do not want this F2P cash shop garbage. Whether it is because of concerns of gambling addiction or any of the other reasons to oppose the F2P cash shop we do not want it.

1 Like

Lol… many aspects of EVE are not used by a majority of players. The majority don’t live in null so should we remove it? A given ship isn’t flown by a “majority” of players so should we remove them? No, there are many activities that you can partake in. Even if a “majority” don’t use it doesn’t mean that it is not worth putting in the game.

Not banning from the entire planet - but banning them from the chocolate factory.
So that people with allergies can expect to buy chocolate without peanut in it.

1 Like

And CCP already gave players the ability to opt out of the hypernet. So this option is already there for those that want it.

There’s simply no way you can possibly know that, so why risk being a liar by stating it as a fact ?

64% is the disapproval rating, not the “I probably won’t use it but I don’t care if other people do” rating. A majority of the voters do not want this feature added. Good luck finding a similar poll that says that a majority want nullsec removed.

2 Likes

No way, other than polls asking the question. If you aren’t going to provide any better polling then that’s the best information we have.

Also, please learn the definition between “lying” and “being wrong about something”. Drawing a reasonable conclusion from information that turns out to be inaccurate is not lying.

1 Like

Yup… no way other than a non scientific poll with to a non-random group. I’m sure the success of the feature will be self apparent in a few days when it is released.