Introducing the HyperNet Relay

Thanks for sharing.
@CCP_Convict needs to post it here instead of reddit and praying a good soul will repost it on here…Since when is reddit the official forum of the game…

The other issue is related to the fact that CCP support is so ridiculously slow that it will take them month to process even 1 request…

@Algathas it should be an opt-in or at the very least an opt out that doesnt require dealing with CCP slow support

2 Likes

I guess you don’t attend EVE Vegas.

The number is a range, depending in which sites you look at and whether you talking just US or worldwide. Go ■■■■■ at the guy using a self selected poll on the forums that got less than 200 responses to justify claiming what the entire game thinks.

1 Like

Then don’t use it. The folks who do want it will use it. This isn’t hard.

No.

Bc it matters.

Also, learn how to numbers.

Dumb troll.

And those of us who love Peanut M&Ms are just up ■■■■ creek, right?

You’re proving my point. It makes no sense to ban something that many people want because a handful of people could abuse it or be harmed by it. There needs to be a compromise - usually it’s labeling that lets consumers know so they can choose where to buy stuff. The compromise already exists with the ability to lock out the content.

You can add the peanut butter if you’re gross but sure. Peanuts. Cool. W/e.

Also, banning things cos a minority abuse them would be good for the kids in American schools imo. But then, Murica. So yeah. Peanuts etc.

Wanna bet me 10 bil it will still be a vast majority disapproving by the end ot the year?
It’s now almost 400 votes - getting quite representative for a small demographic like EVE players and the percentages are almost identical to what they were when i first mentioned it so your denyal of reality is getting pathetic at this point.
Just like your attempt at justifying the 99% claim - not having a gambling addiction doesn’t make me ambivalent or wanting to gamble online.

I didn’t mean ‘professional’ in the sense of ‘skillful’ and i obviously am not lying at all so why should you?

Liar…

Grow up.

The issue I see with a poll like that is that people who really don’t care one way or another also don’t care enough to vote. It’s the same issue with a lot of online review systems. Only people who really like or really dislike an item actually review it.

I’d probably say I view this whole thing with slight disapproval. I don’t think it’s really that big of a deal, but it is potentially rife with problems and it seems like CCP could have spent time and resources on something else.

I say we give it a bit and see what happens.

1 Like

Well thats funny because ‘neutral’ got more votes than approval combined

It’s a pretty random sample of “EVE players frequenting the forum” i don’t see how this bias should give a false result about EVE players in general

I look forward to your CCP apologism when they introduce buying ships in the F2P cash shop, make claiming space require cash shop tokens, etc. I expect you to be consistent and defend their greed with “if you don’t like it don’t use it”.

1 Like

Sure, and I’m not arguing that people approve of it. I’m saying if I had to guess (which I do because I don’t have perfect information), there are probably more people who are neutral than either approve or disapprove.

It’s just not super exciting, so I’m frankly not surprised that more people aren’t affirmatively in support of it. My only point is that the “disapproval” figure might be a bit misleading.

1 Like

If you sell it on the market, wouldn’t it be buyable from the market then on? Essentially hypercores bought with plex/cash (doubt will have expiration) will eventually flood the market.

Or, if you spend a hypercore on this raffle, does it exhaust it? Seems a hypercore is like a plex so I don’t see how it wouldn’t be traded on the market, and thus available via ISK.

The F2P cash shop item is consumed to start the lottery, even if the tickets fail to sell and the buyers get their ISK back. That’s the whole point of this, getting maximum cash shop spending.

1 Like

If that’s true, then the sheer randomness of the raffle tickets is the only thing that really bothers me. If you’re going to use IRL money it should translate into either plex, game time, or actual ISK (or equivalent). People can say eve is gambling, you undock and so on and so forth, but raffle lottery is just plain gambling. It can be said that gambling is ethically wrong, but then again people are entitled to do what they wish with their hard earned money. This is a slippery slope though.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5797763/

No matter how many people leave the game in protest, you cannot stop progress. CCP will make more isk with the Relay than what is lost from your subscriptions. If you do not like the relay, then don’t use it.

1 Like

F2P cash shop trash is not progress.

2 Likes

It is if designed well. It rewards those who spend on the game while allowing those who do not to play for free.

Spending real life cash on the game should not be rewarded. Success in EVE should be about skill and hard work, not about handing over your credit card for premium ammo.

3 Likes