Invasion Chapter 3 update from Team Event Horizon

Skipped right to the “bargaining” stage of Kubler-Ross, eh?

I’ve been expecting Niarja (and then Ohide) to fall since the SCOPE video with the 72 or 73 or whatever it was blue stars was released in March or April ahead of Trig Invasion phase 3.

The ruination of HS (including for wardeccers and gankers, btw) by NS and CCP collusion is now upon us.

So yeah, I was already expecting this months ago, and… here it comes. Just a bit later than expected.

1 Like

I don’t know if that was to me in particular or just people in general who don’t want nothing but HS islands to be the future of HS, but… personally, I was! I participated in plenty of phase 1 and phase 2 trig invasion content. I haven’t had as much time to play EVE during phase 3, but I did try it once or twice. Missed Raravoss but was in other systems attacked in the weeks after it. Lately I’ve been a bit busy recovering from a car accident, dealing with the medical and auto insurance BS that happens afterwards, and getting a replacement car during a pandemic when my wife and I weren’t planning on buying another car for years. Ya know… no biggie.

That said, I would have made time to be at Niarja yesterday only I literally found out from reddit when it was already too late. And it sounds like it was hopeless anyway. EDI had 5 different fleets but was completely outmatched by the Goons joining in with the other NS powers that have been fighting on the Trig side for months now.

3 Likes

Thats sounds like quite the hefty chunk of the player base

HS miners, missioners, industrialists, traders? and wardeccers and gankers who prey on the aforementioned groups? yep, that is indeeeed a lot of people whose playstyles are going to be massively impacted by this. Especially if Ohide on the backpath goes down as well like Niarja just did, as I have been fully expecting for months.

But even if not. One or two systems taken here and there that aren’t dead-ends like Vale… will create so many new HS islands. Even if much of the main trade route remains up, there’s gonna be far less (HS) demand for trade… NS will make up the difference, I suppose!

2 Likes

Sounds like Sylvia Wynan needs to do more thinking and less whinin.

If you cant fly across one single low sec system unaided, I dont understand how you managed to log in this morning.

You dont think a good number of NS, Gankers and Wardeccers are also these? How myopic.

If that was actually my last name, man…

Anyway, I don’t want to fight with you, so you’ll have to wait for someone else to come along to take that bait.

I will personally adapt. I’ve lived in WH space, I PVP occasionally. If things get bad enough in HS, I’ll convert all my missioning and incursioning assets into PVP assets and just start bleeding ISK until I blow all my stuff up and win EVE. I don’t mind, all must end eventually.

But there are a lot of people who are going to be affected way worse than me, and I know many of them. Very many old friends already gone from this game, and now even more will be. I have empathy for them.

3 Likes

I dont wanna fight with you either, chick.

Good, glad to hear it.

Thats nice, but I dont (have friends or empathy), hence my attitude.

Other people are competition.

Sorry but m not about to get upset if someone leaves because there is a temporary lowsec in the way of a route when they are countless other means. Its just… well, you know what I think.

The endless poetry about EvE dying starts gettin on my nerves after a while, not makin it at you specifically.

2 Likes

Dude, btw, like 90% of female toons in EVE. (edited to add: sorry, I meant… totally in-character in-game person or lady or dude, or whatever… ignore my 4th wall break ;D)

You may not use your empathy, but I doubt you actually lack it (or friends) entirely.

But anyway, the problem is we don’t know if these bits of lowsec and nullsec really ARE temporary or not. And many of the people helping the Trigs convert them into that state are hoping it’s for good. I personally think there will be phase 4 after this phase 3 (although since trigs and 3s and all, phase 3 really should be the last one, it’s more fitting).

And I think phase 4 is going to have the gate shutdowns from the 2nd quadrant video back in spring. And mayyyyybe once phase 4 ends and trigs either are banished back to abyssal space or decide to live permanently in k-space and get their own permanent region(s)… maybe then some, if not all, of the captured systems will either be returned to their empires… or, perhaps more likely, will become Trig sov but will also regain concord as Trigs become a new 5th empire (where have you gone, Jove diMaggio…).

But that’s just my theorycrafting. I ain’t counting on that ending.

As for EVE dying. I’ve been playing for 7+ years and for years I would always try to talk down people saying it was, including on these new forums.

But I guess I’ve finally truly entered bittervet status, because a lot of things happening over the past year or so (and not just the trig stuff happening to HS)… and no, I don’t mean Pearl Abyss or anything, I mean actual patches, buffs, nerfs, changes… anyway, a lot of the things point to me to an end sooner or later. The dwindling average player counts don’t help.

But hey, if this feature-not-a-bug, functioning perfectly as intended… if it increases playercount, who am I to disagree, I’ll sigh and say “eh, I guess I’m part of dwindling minority, and I can either suck it up and deal with that or I can eventually fade away, too.”

1 Like

I dont understand this concept.

2 Likes

Trig space is like low sec but it is not.

JITA

Doit5

2 Likes

One thing. Why are there no EDENCOM hellcamps in Fortress systems to deter Pro-Triglavian movements? Right now I passed through Hentogaira and there were no EDENCOM NPCs anywhere on the gates. This was only route to another Caldari system under attack but does not offer even theoretical obstacle to Trigs.

This is quite unfair mechanic that one side of the conflict can pass through hostile space undeterred while other side faces hellcamps and CONCORD free opportunity to tackle/gank people. What is the purpose of fortress systems in this regard if Pro-Edencom cannot do the same?

6 Likes

Because the Orcas that deploy gunstars are bugged outside of Amarr space. You can see this clearly if you look at gunstars kills in the killboard, too - they only get kills in Amarr space. (Reeeeeee #EDENCOMisAnAmarrPlot )

This has been reported to CCP.

2 Likes

CCP doesnt want it to be fair.

6 Likes

There are no trig npcs in Final Lim Systems on the gates too unless someone shoots Steve.

And with that see Elsebeths post.

Again, consider this:

In Liminality:

• You can summon hellcamp fleet with alt to shoot the gun
  • You can camp the gates with impunity with this assisting fleet

In Fortress:

• You cannot engage Pro-triglavians or keep a gate-camp to stop pro-trigs from moving without losing ship to CONCORD.

Again, Pro-Trig players have zero consequences over their actions in current mechanics. How is this fair or follows “Actions have consequences” jok…mantra that gets spouted on forums?

6 Likes

Imagine if people who get negative standings with EDENCOM are not welcomed in high and low security space, and they would be constantly in suspect state there.

:policewoman:

5 Likes

No unless there is proper trig space. After that I will take that challenge.

But considering that current faction police is nothing more than annoying. It wouldn’t’ change much.

1 Like

This seems to be final lim systems, there is no CONCORD there anyway.