Greetings Fellow Empyreans it is I Ashterothi, the eater of suns and Voice of New Eden coming at you once again this time to talk to you about Totality, the end of Invasions, and where we go from here.
To catch everyone up, for the last year and a half the High and Low-security systems of New Eden have been under Invasion from the mysterious Triglavian Collective. However, in May of this year, things took a serious turn with the release of Invasions Chapter 3. While previous versions of Invasions amounted to little more than a revision of the earlier Incursions system, Chapter 3 introduced competitive PvE, PvE in dangerous territory, and long-lasting changes for both the individuals participating and the world at large.
The Triglavian Collective are attempting to permanently take systems in New Eden for their own purposes. Not to be caught off guard, CONCORD’s recently formed AEGIS division, led by Provost Marshal Kasiha Valkanir, has expanded their Mandate and formed the New Eden Defense Fund, increasing taxes throughout New Eden. This ultimately led to the formation of New Eden’s Common Defense Initiative (EDENCOM).
For the last five months, the Capsuleers of New Eden has freely joined the Triglavian and EDENCOM efforts, resulting in hundreds of players descending upon system after system to decide the ultimate fate of the cluster.
Not all systems are created equal. There is something particular about Blue and Yellow (G5) Stars that are interesting to the Triglavians. Systems that were ineligible could still be invaded, but these special systems could proceed, becoming Liminalities for the Triglavians, or Fortresses of EDENCOM. In the end, 27 Final Liminalities and 53 Fortresses. Once the 27th Final Liminality was secured, the remaining candidate instantly fortified, the Convocation of Triglav sent an EVEmail declaring “TOTALITY REALIZED” and no further Invasions have spawned.
So now the question is what happens next. The day after the final Final Liminality, the text involved in shutting off a Stargate was added directly to the main EVE client, and the nature of sites spawning in systems has changed. These facts, plus what we know allows us to know certain things:
- Minor Victories are not going away - These systems are very disruptive to travel around New Eden as each Capsuleer must determine who will be aggressive to them through their standings with EDENCOM and the Triglavian Collective. This standing can be achieved by running sites in these Minor Victories. The sites themselves are rewarding for solo and small gangs, based on the Emerging Conduits of last year. Each Minor Victory has two Tier 0 (Emerging Conduit/Forward Post) and two Tier 1 (Minor Conduit/Staging Area) of the “winning” team. This means the Talassonite can be mined by people on the same side as the winners, and the sites can be run by those opposing them for Standings, ISK, Salvage, LP, etc. However, it is possible that there could be a change in the roaming packs within the systems, which would be good because wow are they deadly!
- Fortresses are not going away either - These systems now have Tier 1 (Staging Area) Tier 2 (Field Base) and Tier 3 (Observatory Flashpoint) sites. This means there are now systems for farming “raid content” including the Dread fight from Chapter 2.
- Final Liminalities are… something - The 27 systems are going to be divided between the three Clades of the Triglavian Collective (Perun, Veles, Svarog). It is as yet unknown what will happen to these systems. However, they spawn Tier 1 (Minor Conduit) Tier 2 (Major Conduit), and Tier 3 (Observatory Flashpoint/World Ark) sites. It is worth noting that there is no CONCORD response within these systems. It is unclear what further changes are coming, but the suggestion of turning off the Stargates has led to rampant speculation.
- Like the Minor Victories both Fortress and Final Liminalities provide Rakovene ore in the Tier 2 sites, Bezdnacine in the Tier 3 sites. However, these ores are going to be changed in line with the rest of the changes coming to ore in mid-October.
- The path between Jita and Amarr is now long and “Blue” - With the fall of Niarja, the route between Amarr and Jita has increased to 40+ jumps AND at least 5 of them are EDENCOM Minor Victories or Fortresses. This is because many systems in Amarr space went for EDENCOM, while much of the State went to Triglavian.
- You can set systems owned by the hostile forces on avoidance and often your autopilot will find a decent alternative.
- More information about Invasions, and the locations of each type of Invasion system (including Minor Victories which are not visible in the Agency) visit https://kybernaut.space/
- More information about the Precursor Crisis