Invasion Chapter 3 update from Team Event Horizon

btw, @CCP_Convict:

With secret Upwell Covert Research Facilities in lowsec and parts of nullsec having come under attack and been destroyed by Rogue Drones, Capsuleers can enter the sites and face off against the Rogue Drones, looting the Upwell tech from the wreckage.

Which ‘parts of nullsec’? Are these sites going to be showing up only in certain regions? Are they only going to show up in NPC null? Are we going to get more information beforehand? Because if these sites are all in the area controlled by one bloc, well… the pirate ECs showed how well that went, didn’t they?

2 Likes

The OP dev disagrees with you:

3 Likes

It’s basically, join a public fleet and give all the loot/salvage to the 1 guy. You get nothing. You get a % of a % of a % of standing changes for items you won’t be able to attain for 6 months unless you have 50 Billion ISK to buy an EDENCOM ship that will show up 1 or 2 a day on the market for the first few months.

Forcing you to labor for the few. You literally get nothing. Better ISK running level III missions.

To write deeper lore, the lore has to be deeper than a puddle in the first place.

Wide =/= deep

Or else what? You gonna take it from me?

Sit down and shut up with your “forced” bs.

The only forcing going on around here is your entitled, nonstop WHINING going into my eyes.

1 Like

Not true…there is an invasion stream I watch all the time where he tells the fleet to loot and fill their pockets.

Shitty people do shitty things to other people, more news at 10.

1 Like

I’m wondering what happens to the system generally if they turn the sun into a black hole. Does it become an abyssal system?

BTW from old sci fi, a boss way to harvest a sun: use so many drones they form their own gravity well, and this mass of drones uses the cooling material from the sun to make more drones. This was from the Lexx Series, 2002. Eventually so many drones were created this way the universe collapsed in on itself.

2 Likes

Our Sun contains 99.8% of the Solar systems mass.

In order for drone swarm to harvest it by influencing it gravitationaly they had to have harvested several dozens of planets, moons asteroid and comet belts in a hundred other systems, or maybe some smaller stars first.

That would be one hell of a swarm.

4 Likes

Well you know if CCP gets a few zeroes in the wrong place …

Who is forcing you?

That makes no sense. Making drones from harvested stars is a cool idea by itself, but it doesn’t increase the amount of mass in the universe. I could see the ever-expanding drone swarm collapsing locally, but hardly in a way that would bother the universe.

5 Likes

The trigs should give us access to a new filament that takes us to a static system only for kybernauts to use a mothership that acts as a carrier for everything up to a battleship (every 20-40 minutes you have to dock up or get crushed). Since there are less invaders giving them some kind of black ops mechanism would make them more ruthless while simultaneously establishing a narrative to further their story. It would also be cool to have a “staging system” for this content making the players feel like they are triglavian, maybe make the system larger with varying weather conditions while giving players incentives to explore the filament space. Imagine 3 drekavaks and 10 damaviks exploring together with manual piloting, then finding some crazy artifact that can be used to manufacture unstable red anti-matter explosive that can destroy entire systems, or make them temporarily inaccessible by edencom. Get creative CCP I love you guys this is awesome.

1 Like

@CCP_Convict : would it be possible to confirm that the Altbrard invasion vanishing without going to minor / escalation was working as intended?

Nvm - it wasn’t:

Eh sort of. The plot in the episode in which this happened, the crew of The Lexx tricked the guy in control of the drones, Mantrid, into focusing the drones all into one area in a huge epic battle. The Lexx (“The most powerful weapon in the two universes”) versus the biggest assload of drones ever.

3 Likes

Man, and I thought we had bad sifi in the US! :rofl:

3 Likes

This Q&A doesn’t really seem to represent what the player base has been wondering about.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQox4K3xt1k trig invasion so far and what might be needed to capture more systems. please leave some more comment so we can work out what systems to focus on

The only thing we know for sure, there is only updated graphics for blue and yellow suns in the game.