[IRESA] A Moment Of Silence

Is my point so insufferably true you resort purely to ad hominem rather then addressing the point itself as well? Remarkable. Let me guess, you used to stick your tounge out when you lost arguments in the play crèche.

As for your comment about my retirement, glad that a nobody I never had anything to do with during my career has such interest. I really must have struck a nerve. For your information I am not out of retirement, but the DED sees fit to keep my access to these forums up so I will take the liberty of using that whenever I damn well please.

5 Likes

I will add one further comment. If you don’t like opinionated busy bodies injecting their opinion into your issues, perhaps you aught avoid visiting forums where your fellow ilk are publically broadcasting them. Huffs and puffs and “reees” of how much you really don’t like other people just makes you and your cause look silly rather then serious. Oh gosh, you won’t reply to me on the GalNet, what ever will I do. Probably wait for the next inevitable churlish reply but this time, this time it’ll really really be the last time ever.

Grow up.

3 Likes

I saw this incursion first hand, the peoples of Viriette have my sincere sympathies. I will certainly pay my respects on my next visit, as you suggest.

Please accept my best wishes for your lobbying efforts. If I may, though, I would ask you to bear in mind that the misfortunes you describe affect a large portion of systems in the wider region, which have a diverse ethnic population.

The Federation’s neglect is by no means limited to Viriette, which makes me query whether it is entirely fair to lay the blame at the Assembly’s feet. However, as others have said, it would be heartening to see more locally organised responses to such crises. I only wish such organisation did not have to be defined along ethnic lines.

2 Likes

That is a lot of angry words from a most holy man decrying “ad hominem” jargon. Makes me wonder if it was really me who has had their nerve struck, as I sit here giggling at the froth stemming from your mouth. Needless to say, the stereotype of the ego of an Amarr being larger than the Empire itself seems to hold true with this one. And don’t be surprised I knew about your retirement - I mean technology makes it easy to find out such things these days (shocker, I know). I have no reason to prove myself or my intentions to an outsider who has no stake in Intaki or her people.

Keep rockin’ your fine self planetside, handsome.

:kiss:

1 Like

Ok, I’m beginning to see a pattern here, you’re one of those new guys thinking they’re the hottest ■■■■ around. Before someone (and this is not a personal threat from me, just a fact of capsuleer life) comes to slap you silly and put you in your place for running your mouth where you shouldn’t, a friendly advice. Being adversarial to everything will not get you far among the Empyreans. Though, maybe you will be the exception to prove us wrong among hundreds, thousands of similarly angry and starry-eyed hopefuls that have come before you … Maybe.

Anyway. welcome to the world of the capsuleers and remember, there is always a bigger fish.

6 Likes

So if I am part of the “hotshot noobie” group does that make you part of the “legion of nagging know-it-all vets”?

I find it almost ironic that you talk about running your mouth where you shouldn’t, considering the fact that, once again, someone like you has only veiled interest in Intaki and her people. Before we waste more time better served preventing your people from becoming slaves, and my people from continued neglect, why don’t we just stick our noses back where they belong.

1 Like

Yes.

Honestly, I have very little interest in Intaki and her people, originally I just came by to confirm that what Nomistrav said was correct. The treaty between the Federation and the Intaki says that only minimal navy presence is allowed. If that is no longer satisfactory, then the treaty needs to be changed. So, maybe instead of mewling with impotent rage and festering your hatred of the Federation for honoring the treaties it has made with your people, maybe you should lobby for more protection from the Federation to the Intaki colonies and systems?

…You’re just so cute, can aunty Athryn pinch your cheeks just a bit?

5 Likes

:popcorn:

2 Likes

Ms. Aziah, Ms. Teinyhr made some very good points to which you accused her of proving some point of your own. Instead of fighting with Ms. Teinyhr, why don’t you lay out what your plan entails and why we should do it your way? What alliances or corps are backing you on this venture and what do you intend to replace the existing system with?

1 Like

Well I thank you for your input but it seems we disagree.

1 Like

I appreciate the level-headed approach. It is true that we use somewhat harsh language. You’ll have to forgive me for being somewhat frustrated at the current situation. I’ve been doing this line of work since well before I became a capsuleer, and perhaps I could use a quick break.

1 Like

I am unserious, unimportant, and no intellectual heavyweight so I can only surmise by my own sentiments I am not trying to change the cluster.

There exists, in that lack of interest in changing the cluster my fundamental divergence in perspective from most who frequent the IGS. Most in my experience, from what I have seen, want to be regarded as serious and important players who can be the harbingers of change because they happen to opine in public.

Myself, well, I do not see much value in it. Because in my view it’s not really about affecting change for such people but the desire to be taken seriously, to be regarded as important, and more importantly to be understood by others or at the very least to have personal motivations recognized.

Reading IGS is a lot like watching anime for me. The way most people write here is as if everyone is some anime character – spending most of a season discussing at length just why protagonist and antagonist are going to fight each other while they charge up their final attacks.

Most days however, I really don’t have much interest or motivation putting on the literary cosplay like most here since I don’t have a pressing need to have my motivations understood or much need to explain myself.

3 Likes

I really don’t have much interest or motivation putting on the literary cosplay like most here since I don’t have a pressing need to have my motivations understood or much need to explain myself.

I understand Ms. Gesakaarin. I was just curious as you seem to have quite the impact on many around the cluster.

2 Likes

I really would have no idea – I honestly know very few people on any more intimate a level than what I would consider a mere acquaintance.

I just do me, and consider others do themselves. I enjoy being a lifetime adventurer. To have new experiences, to enjoy expressing myself whether in the heat of combat or the warmth of some lover, new or old. There are trillions in the cluster with a trillion different stories to tell and listen to - great and small.

To me, that’s beautiful, even with an extended lifespan there is always going to be something new for me.

That does not seem all too impactful – just being yourself and letting any haters hate.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be so bothered by Ms. Aziah’s remarks. IRESA is well versed on the antics of her and her ilk, and they are registered criminals and extremists even by the Intaki Assembly. It is unfortunate, but true. She would rather turn to violence to push her goals than honor the legacy of our ancestors and negotiate through diplomacy and democracy.

1 Like

Also: The Security Charter for the Intaki System is contracted out to Ishukone and Mordu’s Legion by the Intaki Assembly.

Just saying.

3 Likes

A fine choice, in my humble opinion. I’ve had issues with both entities on occasion, but you could certainly do a lot worse.

2 Likes

“For the Intaki system”.

When discussing Intaki security, this detail is one of the most important, and yet its significance is often missed.

Yes. The Intaki made it a condition of their membership of the Federation for the navy to maintain an absolutely minimalistic presence in Intaki space.

But there are two very important points that need to be considered here:

Firstly, this stipulation came before many of today’s threats existed.

The violence between Gallente and Caldari, that still echoes across Viriette and beyond, had not yet begun. Serpentis did not yet exist. And Sansha’s Nation would not embark on their abductive incursions for another two centuries.

Secondly, the Intaki had colonised systems throughout the Placid region, and was responsible for them. But as the Gallente Federation evolved, the Assembly’s juristiction was diminished, limited and pushed all the way back to the system’s own jump gates.

And yet, today’s Assembly is judged as though they have done nothing. They are judged as though the only possible solution to the security challenges of Viriette and Placid comes under a Federal banner.

The Assembly has not done nothing. They have awarded one of the most capable and respected military organisations with the system security contract - Mordu’s Legion.

But remember! This only applies to the Intaki system itself.

The Federation saw fit to constrict the juristiction of the Intaki Assembly, and so has taken for itself the responsibility, and the accountability, for the rest of the region.

Though it may be a source of discomfort, and while it might be inconvenient to the Federal argument, it is the Gallente Federation and not the Intaki Assembly that must answer for the litany of short comings across the region.

Of course the Federal Navy would have been hard pressed to prevent the Reschard V disaster. That is not a fair criticism. But they were devastatingly lacking in their response, shamed into action in the wake of the Sisters of EVE’s own humanitarian efforts.

Almost twelve months later during the RISE incident, the Federation was once again inactive, prompting Intaki Space Police to cross the border from Syndicate, into Placid taking early control of the situation and offering some semblance of security.

And finally, worst of all, the Federation has undermined the very spirit of Intaki Federal membership, and that core condition we have all spoken about:

Minimal navy activity in Intaki Space.

The Federation values Intaki membership so much that they see fit to plunge our home world into a perpetual warzone.

They exploit technicalities and nuance to separate the Federal Navy Proper and the militia forces of the Federal Defence Union, despite clear strategic links between the two.

Not only do militia forces operate freely throughout the Intaki system, circumventing the limitations on naval activity, but the Federation goes to the extreme and actually establishes a militia station above Intaki II!

Had the militia existed at the founding of the Federation, I have no doubt what-so-ever that they would have been refused alongside the navy.

And we should!

Five years ago I gave a speech, lauding Mordu’s Legion for their work in the Intaki system. I called for the administration of the Intaki II station to be transferred away from the militia, and to the legitimate security contractors. Such investment in Legion infrastructure in the Intaki system would only improve their capabilities and bring success.

Our efforts must continue.

5 Likes

Not really. It is just an example of how, if Federation Navy is not contracted to fulfill a local member state Security Charter then their presence within a member system would be considered a Charter violation.

If they are not legally permitted to conduct operations in Intaki or presumably the rest of Viriette, then the onus of failure to secure local space from a Nation incursion is not on them as asserted by the OP but rather on those contractually obligated to do so as part of the member state Security Charter.

In the case of Intaki specifically, Ishukone and Mordu’s.

3 Likes

We’re in agreement, but perhaps my point wasn’t clear.

Of the 71 systems in Placid, the Intaki Assembly is responsible for precisely one of them: Intaki itself.

So yes, any concerns regarding system security within the Intaki system should be addressed to the relevant Mordu’s Legion representatives, and then the Assembly.

The point I was trying to make is that by removing the Assembly’s authority across every single other system, even as close as the rest of Viriette, the Federation has rendered their own argument of “but the Intaki asked for minimal navy activity” redundant.

As long as the Federation fails to act in accordance with the accountability it took for itself, there are those of us who will call them out for it.

1 Like