Is Eve Dying/Dead?

One might suggest you take your own advice.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

I do take my own advice.

I doubt that I’ve ever attempted to analyze CCP’s financial situation, let alone spam the forums with my pet theories about Sino-Icelandic Videogame Economics. I certainly don’t sit here in the forums and spend decades insisting that the game is ‘dying’.

:princess:

Removed some off topic posts. Keep it on topic and civil, thanks.

2 Likes

Dang it Barstorlode! You zapped my pet theory about Sino-Icelandic videogame economics! How’s a gal supposed to maintain forum-spamming status that way?!

EvE is a Schrödinger’s game - both dead and alive.

2 Likes

So it’s a zombie? How appropriate for Halloween!

I can’t remember if I’ve posted in this topic before, but I don’t think its dead. It’s just not worth buying as much plex as I used to.

Zombie are animated corpses, they arent alive

Think, imagine blow up and scrub out all pilots who quit but still writing in this forum . History of this community.romantics , realists, anarchists, living with hopes and dream one day everything will be ok …or just still longing for the days of our thunder…longing for what we have been in love with… i will going to take off soon too… last couple of weeks i need … A lot of things happened … i really dont know what CCP hopes to gain by loosing people and with that doesnt care attitude…
butchering everything we love , Everything what makes EvE… while we are screaming in pain …
Nobody dare to question a players adaptation skills play more than a decade and come over all happenings… It has never been about that…

But feel free to question… why loose a very royal players just to exchange them for millenial players who change the games faster than their underwears … and seeking push button dopamine, seratonin hell even endorphine and leaving the game in first couple of hours to days… So far they fail to hold new players in the game… and they fail to keep so many veterans too …and they fail to keep the veterans who keep new players in the game ….what is the point?

2 Likes

I don’t know that they are completely failing to hold new players. I started last year, almost right at the beginning of scarcity, and the trig invasion, and everything else that people have been flaming out about on the forums and Reddit. And Im still here loving it, with 3 accounts now. There are absolutely people who will pick up this game as brand new players and play it for years.

1 Like

Yes of course… you know what you know…we know what you know but you dont know what we know… eventually you will figure out …1 year is nothing… scarcity hits you heavy if you are playing with hundreds of billions… it hits like you hit to wall…
trog invasion destroyed one of oldest player made organic PvP contents home system and cost months of efforts under extreme conditions for us … lot of returned players found their hundreds and thousands of fitted marauder BS down ships in nul sec… and transporting them takes months of dedicated freight work per player and do nothing else than freight… did you have any issues similair lvl @Wes_Wyhunnan ?
Example … we know why NPE doesnt work… and we are capable to see the fails…
but as you can just see a very new player in NPE thread writing how nice experience it is… if you read veteran comments they write why it fails…
result : if new player right then it must be working right ? but it doesnt . And vets knows why it doesnt work and where it fails precisely…

Sory but seems like we had been sitting at the restorant tables while the real owners cooking in the kitchen talking to us about food and bring on best of everything …
Now it is turned into commercial and about to turn into fast food chain and you are happy customer with your burger…

If you have a company … do you want to loose your customers who know every in and outs of the product and culture and can truly capable to give you realistic feedback ? Or just dismiss them all and listen only applauds .

1 Like

The game isn’t even close to dying. It’s supposed to be a joke. Of course, everyone knows better than CCP and can complain in here.

I think the Trig storyline and events were all amazing. So interesting, so drastic, and created so many different kinds of gameplay from one theme.

I want poch to randomly expand and contract. It’d be nuts but also provoke gameplay LOL

1 Like

Yes. Into sov nullsec. :wink:

New players buy plex and sell it so that vetaran players can play for free. Then the vetaran players destroy the ships that the new players bought by selling plex to the vetaran players. Once the new players realise they can never really compete they become demoralised and leave. Eventually the grinder will run out of fresh meat and there will be fewer people buying plex. Leading to fewer people that can afford to plex thier account. Thats how the game will slowly die. Eventually , like a game of monopoly you will have people that have all the wealth in the game, but no one else left to play the game with.

Who do you think will win the game?

Why cant they become veteran players?

@Dr_Offensive , I only started playing EVE 4 years ago. By all measures, I’m still a wet-behind-the-ears newbie. Yet look at me now:

Age isn’t everything. It’s not about the skills in your clone, it’s the skills in the player.

5 Likes

Not everyone can be a hot-shot prodigy like you, Adrian.

Not everyone pads their killboard to the max, either. I mean, you could get a comfortable night’s sleep on Adrian’s, it so well padded.

EVE (experimentum venenifer exitialis) is based on Elite
In that game you gain title for destroying the most peon.
Same game black nobility has always played.
Winning EVE is for nought.

1 Like

I can see you have done very well for yourself, but for every player like you, there are another ten new players who are grovelling around for a few million a day > get ganked > lose everything > take a look at zKillboard where someone lost 2 ships in one attack to the tune of .5 trillion ISK > think what’s the fracking point in playing this, after 17 yrs the gap is just too large to bridge.

Then think of the players who maybe drop $150 into the game thinking that they can get a good start and maybe make a name for themselves in EVE.

Maybe even carve out a little null sec area to live in?

Well the sad fact is you are joining a game of monopoly that is half finished, All the properties are already bought, and half of them have hotels on them. By the time you make your first lap of the board you will be bankrupt and demoralised.

Your only play is to go grovelling to one of the players who already has lots of property, and hope that they throw you a few scraps.