Is Eve Dying/Dead?

Old eve, the EVE we loved died the death of a thousand cuts and slowly succumbed to its fate. The final nail in its coffin was the introduction of sp trading. everything since is a different game, Nu eve i call it .

It maybe is telling when eve was oldschool and all about non consensual pvp and all the fun things subs kept increasing in a linear fashion for many years (ccp kept boasting about the growth :)), it was when they started to dumb stuff down/nerf the fun stuff and start grubbing for money that subs started to drop and keep dropping.

but thats only my opinion what do i know.

it is a pity as eve has never been more stable or pretty , imagine the game client now but 10 -15 years ago in the golden age . That would be awesome.

18 Likes

Verlyn You hit the nail on the head, 100%

1 Like

100% :+1:

Indeed - for me the game peaked 2013-14 - I could live with a lot of the changes but the constant reinventing or moving around of stuff just got old fast and I can’t see myself ever playing again sadly though I miss the game a lot.

Spending months planning, training and building up ISK to fly a ship only for changes to completely change what interested you in the ship just gets old fast or taking a few weeks away only to find your ship fits are completely broken due to changes, etc.

6 Likes

Anything that puts people off Roquals was a good change and doesnt count.

3 Likes

Adapt or die. It looks like you chose poorly.

1 Like

If you chase OP things then by the time you get there they got nerfed. Really basic logic when it comes to online games. If you keep falling for it then you only have yourself to blame.

5 Likes

Stopped playing 2 years ago and have yet to see a significant update to eve for my low sec play style looks exactly the same. Maybe in 5 years there will be a change and I can try eve again.

3 Likes

I love how everyone goes for “you must be chasing OP” line.

People will find something in different ships that interest them and motivate them in a specific direction that doesn’t necessarily, and often isn’t, chasing the most over powered setups.

2 Likes

Adapt or die for the sake of it is stupid - in a video game it can remove a lot of what is compelling about playing a game if you are too frequently chasing vapour.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that you make bad choices.

I’ve had no such problems in EVE.

2 Likes

That is great for you… Eve by its nature shouldn’t be about forcing a specific play style or you “lose”.

3 Likes

You don’t need to post in the forums either. You are free to go!

2 Likes

What kind of reply even is that?

It’s a “Why are you even here” reply.

Lots of crabs and bears think the game peaked a decade ago, and now all they do is log into the forums to tell everyone that they’ve quit the game and blablabla whinewhinewhine. I’m sorry you lost the game. Sad!

3 Likes

I’m sorry you have nothing useful to contribute. Easy to kick sand castles over - not so easy to be constructive.

1 Like

Oh, did your sand castle crumble?

:sob:

I’d have to have a sand castle for it to crumble.

Well yah, you’d have to play the game to have anything.

posting in the forums about how you don’t play the game and crycrycry whinewhinewhine isn’t going to get you anywhere. Do you work for another video game company, or something, and they pay you to come tell everyone that EVE is dead?

2 Likes

So what’s stopping you from using them, if you find them do interesting?