Is Eve Dying/Dead?

LOL that thinking playing the game means you have anything…

I do have something.

I have fun.

5 Likes

When the nature of the ship, or the gameplay it is applicable to, etc. changes significantly that can completely change what interested someone in the ship.

1 Like

Can you give a specific example of that?

He lost his rorqual back in 2012.

Once example is the old style marauders - I’m not saying the new approach to them is bad (I actually like them) but it completely changed how they were used and what they were used for. That happening once is one thing but it happens far too often in Eve for a game which ostensibly involves a longer term effort skilling into, etc. Several of my friends quit playing after that change as their main interest revolved around their Golem and PVE and the changes didn’t cater for what they used to use the ship for and the faction BS variants didn’t provide a substitute.

1 Like

So what was it specifically that you liked about the old golem that is no more. You also mentioned this happened a lot of times so I’m sure you have examples of how things got changed, not nerfed mind you, and now you don’t like them anymore.

There is a story around that Rorqual (it wasn’t mine it was corp owned) - not sure if the fit still shows in the killboard. We used it to creatively run C5 and C6 wormhole sites as it didn’t trigger a capital escalation wave so you could drop it in support of a couple of dreadnaughts without triggering a 3rd wave like a carrier would, etc. and/or for emergency bailout if stuff went wrong again without triggering an extra wave (also was unexpected in a PVP situation as people didn’t expect it to be used like that).

We invited someone into the corp who was part of our community outside of Eve and we thought was trusted as we were all friends outside of the game and they decided to stab us in the back one night, off-lining the POS and destroying (or stealing) everything they could. I lost nothing myself as I was paranoid and had all my ships/assets stored in Orcas, Mammoths and Carriers logged out on alts.

1 Like

Never used a Golem personally - I used the old style Kronos and Paladin with triage support for running C5 and C6 sites and some PVP use though they were a bit vulnerable to ECM. The utility high slots gave some nice options in that role which the Vindi wasn’t a good alternative for.

I don’t remember a lot of specifics now as I quit playing in 2014 - the activity on the killboard since is someone from Hard Knocks using the old courier thing as it amused them to keep my memory alive in the game so to speak.

That still works, just don’t pop Bastion. The marauders themselves were largely untouched apart from some buffs so it still works just fine.

I can’t remember the exact specifics now but they changed around or removed bonuses and tweaked other aspects which pretty much broke how we used to use them. Sure there were arguments for removing the 90% web bonus but that does dump on what some people would have worked towards them for - it would be one thing if that change happened in isolation but over the years it happened far too regularly. I don’t really know what the story was with the Golem as it wasn’t a ship that interested me at all but I have 2-3 friends in real life who stopped playing the game completely after those changes because that was what interested them in the game and they’d spent a lot of time skilling up and earning ISK to increasingly put more bling on it, etc.

Personally I quite like the new style for marauders but it was a pretty roughshod way to implement them rather than catering for both the new and old approaches.

EDIT: Another example was when they changed around how capital turrets tracked speed vs signature - I’d just spend a ton of ISK fitting T2 rigs on a bunch of Moros for damage application in PVE when they announced the change a few days later - again if it was a one off that would be one thing but those kind of changes kept happening.

Found the problem in your playstyle

What is that even supposed to mean?

It means you are a foolish carebear, who decided to invest more money than you could afford into some scheme to get rich quick, and you failed… so now you try to convince yourself that the fault lies with CCP, and you have some weird emotional investment in the forums of a game that you “will likely never play again” in order to try and convince us that the game is dead. However, the game is just fine, it’s you that died.

You are a forum ghost.

:ghost:

3 Likes

How did you come to that conclusion?

PS I mostly just plexed my way through the game I only did PVE for the group activity and the fun in coming up with inventive ways to approach it.

I’m not trying to convince anyone the game is dead BTW - just commenting in this thread as to why quite a few people have quit over the years who were actually pretty easy customers to retain.

Bye!

:wave: :princess:

1 Like

Still interested in how you came to the conclusion I’m just a foolish care bear - shows a fairly narrow mindedness on your part if you judged it on just a couple of parts of my post in isolation.

1 Like

I read what you wrote.

2 Likes

Everyone has a different opinion of what a care bear is but hey - I did a wide range of things in game.

Branding me a foolish care bear really isn’t doing the full depth of my posts justice.

For me it was when stealth bombers lost cruise missiles.
In the more general sense, they make changes to the game far too often in my opinion.

1 Like