Is it just me?: 2-6 second delay after every input/command making it like I'm in constant tidi

Tickets to Customer Support, please. We will need your RL location, which I don’t expect you to post here (in fact I don’t want you to post that information here), and we need to be able to collect and correlate the tickets we get.

Again, tickets to Customer Support, please.

2 Likes

ticket sent :slight_smile:
keeping fingers crossed

When I did the traceroute my ping to the server was atrocious. Upwards to 1500ms. I reset my router. Not sure if that’s what fixed it because I hadn’t checked prior, but at this time there is no delay and highest ping is now 24ms. So resetting your route can’t hurt. If that does not work for you here is the reply I got for my ticket.

So do the LogLite stuff as well and add it to your ticket so faster turnaround.

It’s probably not your issue, but have you tried verifying your shared cache and making sure the drive EVE is installed on has lots of room.
Someone on a discord I have had been having some intermittent issues of a related nature and found that the shared cache was a likely cause.

I did check that my drive wasn’t near full. I wasn’t in the red or anything. I emptied the trash bin just in case (which gave me 20GB more), but that didn’t make any difference.

I’m not sure what the issue was. I restarted my PC and the router. Now the problem is gone. It could have just been a coincidence b/c I did that earlier in the day and then logged unto EVE much later in the day. So for all I know it had fixed itself, but since I never logged prior to the reset I can’t be sure. But my traceroute showed very poor ping and it started immediately after the router. Others say their ping was fine.

When you are gathering information for the tickets to Customer Support, please do me a favour and try a couple of things:

In case of disconnects or lag:

• Reboot your internet connection – reboot your computer, your wi-fi, your router, your fiber box. What exactly you need to reboot depends on your setup; in my case the router and the origin wi-fi is the same unit but I have a wi-fi range extender in addition.
  • Update your computer – in particular make sure that your antivirus and firewall software is at the latest version and with latest definitions.

In case of lag, but not disconnects:

• Turn off in-game audio – we are investigating one audio defect since 13 Oct in particular that may contribute to a perception of lag. It is being worked on with high priority.

“Perception of lag”?
I have turned sound off for a week and it indeed takes care of the vast majority of the “perceived lag”. However, if I am lagging so bad that following a gate jump, my exit gate timer expires before I can react, I fail how that is “perceived”.:thinking:
Also no sound removes warning alarms, warp ins, etc, all audio clues on what is happening in the game.

2 Likes

The tidi issue seems to have resolved itself. That or my resetting my router fixed it. But now there is another issue: The game freezing and crashing. And this does not require a gate jump.

The first time I was jumping and it froze before I jumped and got the “session change already in progress” message. I had to go thru task manager and manually end the program because I could not log out or quit game. When I first tried to log back in I couldn’t. Can’t remember exactly what it said. I think it said “Checking GUI version” with a RETRY button that did nothing. I close the launcher and reopen it and I log in. I do a part of an escalation and then when I’m trying to warp to a gate it freezes again. I wait it out this time and eventually (like 30+ secs later) my command to stop the ship finally goes thru. Then I hit warp. Nothing. Then I try to log out. Nothing. Then warp starts 30+ seconds later and a message saying I can’t safely log out because I’m in warp. Once I get to the gate it again freezes, commands are all frozen. Although this time the game lost connection entirely before the 30+ second delay. The second freeze was about 5-10 minutes after the first. I did another traceroute and there were some timeouts near your end.

C:\Users\NameSSD>tracert tranquility.servers.eveonline.com

Tracing route to d638e439e07f413c97200d057e5ebd05.pacloudflare.com [172.65.201.188]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

[removed 1-7 for privacy, none went above 27ms]
8 * * 19 ms 173.167.56.42
9 21 ms 25 ms 19 ms 172.65.201.188

Trace complete.

I updated the ticket. I’m really afraid the next patch is going to add more problems.

Some more info:

when I start a session before the usual times of lag I can see the lag starting to happen, and, at the end of the usual period (around 2200 UTC) the game starts to perform normally again, all within the same session (and with audio on). It seems to be more related to network peak traffic in this part of the world than something related to the client/router/etc. And the issues started on or around Sept 7th.

Anyway ticket was sent with the data, as you suggested. No replies yet, just some automated advice about how to download the client …

Is anyone who had this problem still experiencing this mysterious lag ?

My EvE connection has been lag free since Wednesday, Nov 4th - without doing anything to pc, modem/router, software, etc.

I can release the poor GM now from this wild ghost chase :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :ghost:

Definitely lagging in certain aspects of the game. The submit button in PI for instance seems to time out. Meaning nothing happens after clicking. That happened several times today. A minor annoyance.

I haven’t had any issues.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.