Is It Time to Disable Pod-Kills In Highsec?

Nope cant say I have.

But it should probably be banned if it encourages pvp.

I don’t understand it’s soooooo easy for people to PvP, make an event, set up a cheap POS, arm it to the teeth and let people war decc the corporation that set up the POS and you’ll have attackers and defenders, hell in high sec you only have BS size ship and it would take time to take the POS down and people could just warp in randomly shooting each other, why doesn’t some eve trillionaire bankroll this type of event?

Why would anyone be bothered?

There doesnt sound like theres any profit in it.

Isn’t PvP it’s own profit paid by the relief of the bloodlust, seriously, when I PVE missions I get my relief then go do other less bloody activities.

1 Like

Maybe there is a difference between people who want to hunt deer, people who want to do MMA, and people who just want to be in a mosh pit?

1 Like

I only do missions of the profit is worth it.

I dont see a purpose otherwise.

I can only see a similarity of crazy.

After that, they boil down to three differences of Evil, Stupid and Music Lovers.

Honestly, about the only profit I get is LP, beyond that most wrecks nowadays have only empty hulls and the metal we recycle, I don’t even pick through the wrecks anymore (most of the time), especially guristas, they don’t drop anything worthwhile in my opinion.

Maybe we could get rid of highsec PvP entirely if we made NPCs that behaved like real players. We could have blinged out NPC mining barges mining solo with no support fleets. We could have autopiloting freighters full of hundreds of billions of isk. FOBs need to be changed so that there are no ships defending them, and they need to drop a trillion isk worth of stuff when they blow up.

Once it becomes more profitable and easier to just kill the NPCs, the highsec PvPers should lose interest in other players.

True Pvp’ers lost interest decades ago, it is the salt miners that continue to lust.

1 Like

Wow!

No. Next question please.

1 Like

Tbh salvaging is the joy I get from it and most other parts of the game but because its seen as unprofitable it should be removed too.

INB4 nerf I double up my pod ganking activity.

As for pvp, I play to lose.

FW has been an absolute blast for a long time.

1 Like

Implants dont drop.

To me it seems he meant the same way as ship destruction benefits ship manufacturers implant destruction benefits implant sellers, it creates a market for their product and ensures people have to (re)buy their stuff.

(And just for the record which I’ve already noted in this thread in exceptional cases implants do drop or have a chance to but those are during specific events so are just that rare exceptions.)

2 Likes

I have played this game off and on since 2004 and i have never been podded in hisec. Maybe you are spending too much time in Jita.

No podding in high sec should still be allowed

I’ve said this many times, i don’t support griefing, but hi-sec can’t be 100% safe as long as players can run 3 accounts at the same time in differen’t corps and no one can see the relation until it’s too late.

Engage a hi-sec war target… suddenly 3 NPC corp alts are repping him and you get smashed.

I’m going to post this video again because i think it’s an important part of eve:

If we’re going to “stop” PVP in hi-sec, we also need to block the usage of NPC corps/stations and other trash, 19 year old mechanics that allow players to act with impunity and entirely avoid war-dec’s to benefit their main character.

2 Likes