Is mining only done by being in a large corp now?

It is totally easy to warp away from Triglavian rats in a Venture, even if you have poor reflexes and don’t d-scan. Managed to get away even before they locked me.

2 Likes

Absolutely, do that every 5 minutes for an hour and then think “Boy, fun game”.

We should have these NPCs also patrol L1 mission sites, see how that works out.

1 Like

Just mine in a Skiff and pay attention and you have absolutely zero to worry about. Go mine ice. The Trigs don’t patrol ice anoms…

Keeping in mind this is a core new player experience, solo experience.

1 Like

And the problem is not in those rats. The problem is that mining is not fun per se; that’s why players need external content like Netflix while mining.
Removal of rats won’t solve this problem (but will return AFK iskies, yes…). A complete overhaul of mining might solve it.

Ok, so we add these rats to L1 missions and then when they ROFLSTOMP new players we say “Missions need a complete overhaul”.

/facepalm

I don’t get why all these supposed PvPers are suddenly defending these annoying NPCs?

Instead of miners, most L1 mission runners have their attention on the game and would not be ROFLSTOMPed.

I’m not a PvPer.

1 Like

A new player in a T1 frigate is not going to kill those rats.

2 Likes

But he/she can warp away and wait for a few minutes.
After all, those rats already patrol stations and gates, and this apparently does not cause problems for new players in T1 frigates.

1 Like

REALLY? :crazy_face:

Does that sound fun to you? Do you think that is “good game design”?

1 Like

/facepam

You don’t try to remain at a gate, or outside a station, it is a transient activity.

Well, the fun thing would be to engage those Triglavians in a fight and most likely lose your ship.

And you don’t think that when new players face rats those rats should be balanced in such a way that the new player has a chance to win?

Do you just post the first thing that pops into your head?

1 Like

Nope. Groups of rats that can be easily killed in noobships have no justification to be in game, except for tutorial.

2 Likes

How did we go from “have a chance” to easily?

Don’t make stuff up.

Well, you considered “have a chance” and “most likely fail” to be not the same.

That’s because most likely fail was also ■■■■■■■■. A T1 frigate cannot take those rats, ever.

2 Likes

If you mean to include me, I am not defending annoying NPC, I just don’t agree you can not mine without being bothered by them. That is why I hopped in a noob ship and mined for half an hour just to see what happens. The only thing that happened was a retriever joined my belt.

Mining in and on itself is a horribly bad part of the game and you might have thought that after almost 17 years CCP would have found a to improve it (besides annoying NPC). But alas, it is CCP and what they do come up with is ■■■■■■■ red dots instead of actually improving the game.

2 Likes

I don’t get all of the hate for mining. Just sounds like a bunch of lazy people whining to me. Personally, I enjoy mining, and consider it much more enjoyable and faster to do it at the keyboard rather than away…

2 Likes

Beginners luck? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I believe these are tied to Emerging Conduits and also it may have to do with volume or ore mined. PvE people would know more.