Is Ransoming Skill Points allowed?

Griefing and scamming: The side of Eve I’ll never get. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

i dont get why youre okay with losing the isk and assets but not the sp
if someone loses isk and assets they still cant recover them unless they go back to using a rookie ship
then have have to slowly build up money to buy new and better ships
not sure how its any different from buying sp
it all costs isk and either way the player has lost the ability to farm it up
if anything the sp injectors actually make the game safer for those types of players
in the past the lost sp it was gone forever
unless ccp restore it like in the article

File a ticket. CCP avoids telling people where the exact line is for obvious reasons. You want to know where it is for equally obvious reasons.

The best I can tell you, is to contact CCP directly. Like James315 did when he set up his griefing enterprise. He hammered out every nut and bolt, so that it would be in accordance with the games stated rules.

1 Like

You really can’t see the difference between all I can fly is a frigate and all I can currently afford is a frigate?

3 Likes

ProTip: JC knows what point you’re attempting to make.

The response incoming will be a variant of “It’s your fault, git gud.”

1 Like

technically? sure, it’s allowed. Not sure why you’d want to do that…but it’s allowed. what’s the motivation for someone to even think about doing this in the first place?

3 Likes

You must be some seriously twisted piece of work (sorry, your “friend”) to consider something so depraved as OK gameplay , even if inside the construct of Eve.

But given CCP’s past marketing ploys like “Be the Villain”, I should not be surprised.
You will likely thrive in Eve.

Now, off you go to complain to the ISD or Verone about me calling “your friend” depraved.

4 Likes

I recommend you file a petition and ask for it to be escalated to a senior GM. While I highly doubt they will give you a clear answer, it is highly likely that they might ban you in the future when their position on the matter silently changes without informing anyone of such change in position. This is the burden of being the villain and doing out of the box things… You are subject to CCP’s lack of communication.

I am willing to bet you get a response similar to this, “If you have to ask then it’s probably not a good idea.”. Which is totally a :poop: response to someone that is simply trying to decide if he’s going to catch a ban for something. Not all of us are Globbying around trying to toe the line. We just want simple yay or nays so we can :poop: or get off the pot.

Edit: A guy in my alliance was actually scammed out of his SP by an isk doubler. I’m fairly certain he petitioned it and wasn’t able to get anything back.

no
they seem exactly the same to me
especially with small extractors available
and the fact you cant extract past 5.5m
youre always going to have that 5.5m baseline sp
beyond that its gonna cost the price of a t1 bs to get the basic skills to fly a t1 bs

no i really dont
and i dont care about putting people down for having an opinion about it
their opinion just doesnt seem logical to me

i didnt make the thread and im not scamming skill injectors
i dont even scam so idk what youre on about

1 Like

This thread made me realize that I might have to rethink my moral standards.

Somehow, I find a “bonus room situation” where someone is coerced over hours on comms into giving up more and more of his assets and dignity pretty disgusting. On the other hand, I wouldn’t have any problems with the same person giving up all his stuff after some lines of text written directly in-game.

And maybe that’s exactly the point: between those two things, there’s somewhere the line where a scam transcends the in-game level into RL.

2 Likes

I think most of you are incapable of comprehending what a ransoming situation would look or feel like where someone willingly gives up their SP. Ransoming SP is something that someone would do in an extreme situation (not including some idiot fool).

I don’t know why the bonus room came up because it’s not even related to this other than the fact that the contestants were asked to pod themselves down to an alpha clone.

The bonus room came up, because the OP described something similar to what happend in that bonus room: “let’s play a game” and two hours later it is “if you want your stuff back and three times more, go and extract all your brain”.
A situation similar to this is probably the only way to get someone to give up his SP. Maybe if you can get hold of someones asset’s in some other way…
But surely, bumping his freighter won’t be enough.

How would you try to ransom someone for SP? Purely hypothetically speaking of course.

Put them in a desperate situation.

Sure, but how?

There is basically no (legal) way you could put a person in such a situation unless this person is doing it for you.

LOL, that reminds me about something someone wrote long time ago, “the most exciting thing in EvE Forums is that everyone can say what he wants even if he has no idea what is he talking about…”

A Sandbox MMO game that hasn’t been a sandbox for a long time…!! OMG !

Many new players must be getting really confused reading things like that.

EvE was, is and will always be an “Open Universe Sandbox MMO” Game.

What is illegal about, “extract some SP and give me the injectors… or else”?

That’s not. The question is… What hold do you have to convince me to do that.

Now granted, I am an eve vet. I know how not to get my items trapped and have ample little fallback caches around new Eden such that if I lose my main cache I am not in trouble.

I also know that there is no isk doubling, no get rich later scheme, or the like that is valid. There’s no bonus chance and giving anyone all my SP is not only foolish but not going to get me a valid return ever.

So people like me are having a hard time understand how any one could end up in a position where extracting all skill points seems like a valid idea without some other illegal activity happening. Yeah hold a gun to my head, you can have all my skill points but the whole gun to head part is illegal. That is where we are puzzled.

2 Likes

I didn’t say that everyone is the perfect subject to have their SP taken as ransom. If it’s something you wouldn’t fall for, the. It’s something you wouldn’t fall for.

Not everyone pays a ransom. Not everyone ejects from their freighter or jump freighter when asked. Ignorance and stupidity are factors in this but the right situation and the right words play a major role in getting people to do things that is viewed by others and unfathomable.

I understand. I guess some of us are just curious how the scam would work. Also, many don’t think the extraction of skills is illegal. Heck… Hilding a high grade slave set pod for 1 skill injector’s worth of SP may be a good ransom deal and valid.

But the scam needed to get all skill points… Well… We want to hear the story, and how the scam is pulled off is more what could lead to a ban than the transaction for skill injectors.

1 Like