Is this allowed to use?

Hello, I’m thinking about buying https://store.steampowered.com/app/583010/VoiceAttack/ and setting it up with Eve.

When you look at the screenshots you may notice some really powerful key-pressing, even mouse moving macros are possible. I don’t intent to set up a macro chain, which I would consider cheating. I just want to control simple operations which are possible with one click in eve with speech.
I would love to play around with this tool and control my ship by talking. “Activate Microwarpdrive” and such things. :smiley:

Am I allowed to use this tool?

If you really want to know you should file a petition.

Macro use is of course forbidden, unless you are a renter in the north, in which case CCP is happy to ignore it.

1 Like

Usage of tools is allowed under the circumstance that one action equals one reaction.

Example:

1. You shout: “OH NO PLEASE NO PLEASE STOP IT’S ALL I HAVE”.
  2. The tool quits the game for you.

:blush:

5 Likes

Pretty much what Solecist said, one player action has to be one action ingame, so you could bind a voice command to fire a single grouped set of weapons but not to activate multiple grouped weapons or to perform actions that require multiple clicks like activating multiple mid slot modules

“Come on baby light my fire”

Two words short of a full disco. :frowning:

If it were to be officially allowed - it could open the whole can of worms, for example, make the program to listen to Aura’s voice during autopilot to warp to 0 to the gate instead of 15 km.

You should file a support ticket for clarification on what tools can and cannot be used.

2 Likes

You: “Engage!”
Aura: “Warp drive active”

You: “Do a full sensor sweep, full range, maximum resolution”
Tool presses V.

1 Like

You: “Make it so!”
Tool self destructs ship.

You: “CCP Guard is awesome!”
Tool plays Warp To The Dance Floor on repeat.

You: “Qapla’!”
Tool sends drones to kill a random fleet mate*

4 Likes

I already knew the reference :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You old fart! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You: “Klaatu barada nikto”
Tool sends bug report to CCP.

1 Like

You: “What ship is this?”
Tool buys a Templar, an Amarr heavy fighter.

4 Likes

You: “One mil gecko”
Tool buys a Gecko for one billion ISKs.

4 Likes

You: “Don’t jump don’t jump”
Tool jumps.

1 Like

The tool will jump once, right through the red gate in the smack dab middle of the cluster of warp bubbles. Then it tries to jump again and fails. As the large amount of battleships are sending a lot of missiles or leaser beams in your general direction. The tools smiles as it hears the hull warning sound. AI is born.

2 Likes

You: “Bridge to system …”
Tool jumps gate

2 Likes

me <3 u

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.