Is this allowed under the EULA?

So, I have an amazon.com $25 gift voucher but I live in Europe. Since I can’t buy physical items since shipping would suck, and because I’d like some plex anyway to buy the Blaze skin pack, I’d like to spent the $25 voucher on plex. However, when I go to try and buy it, Amazon tells me I can’t because of “geographical restrictions”.

So, my plan is to give the gift code to a US guy in my alliance who I trust, have him buy the plex and contract them to me. That will mean he is up $0.02 because 610 plex actually cost $24.98.

Does that count as RMT? Is it allowed under the EULA? What’s the situation if he takes the $25 gift card and does not give me the plex (I think this is very unlikely in this case)? On the one hand, I guess it is RMT because I’m paying him a real world thing (amazon voucher) in exchange for a game thing (PLEX) but on the other hand, he is using the amazon voucher to buy the plex so overall the balance is restored, right?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Butterfly-

Relevant bit of the EULA here:

You may not transfer, sell or auction, or buy or accept any offer to transfer, sell or auction (or offer to do any of the foregoing), any content appearing within the Game environment, including without limitation characters, character attributes, items, currency, and objects, other than via a permitted Character Transfer as described in section 3 above. You may not encourage or induce any other person to participate in such a prohibited transaction. You may not use, transfer or assign any game assets for games of chance operated by third parties. The buying, selling or auctioning (or any attempt at doing so) of characters, character attributes, items, currency, or objects, whether through online auctions, newsgroups, postings on message boards or any other means is prohibited by the EULA and a violation of CCP’s proprietary rights in the Game.

I guess the question is does giving somebody a voucher and have them buy a thing for you count as them selling the thing to you, or are they just an intermediary?

would it not be just better to gift the voucher to your friend Happy xmas :slight_smile: and maybe your friend would gift you something back :wink:

3 Likes

You’re clearly not a true EVE player. Way too honest.

I would’ve just gone ahead and done it, and nobody would’ve known, nor cared.

Well. I recently asked about buying the SKINs for someone who can not login before the end date. The ISD who answered me suggested I buy the SKINs for PLEX and sell them to the guy for ISK upon his return to EvE. Not sure what this means as far as you’re concerned but I was definitely told I could buy something for another player with PLEX. Guess it’s the giving him the PLEX in the first place to buy it with that might be the issue…

Dunno, make a ticket for an official response.

This should be legal, but i’d strongly recommend you to contact our support team with this question by filing the ticket here in order to dispel your doubts.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.