Real world stuff and services for isk, plex or other in game items?

Ive tried searching for info on this from internet, and skimmed through the EULA, but could not find anything saying for sure. I have seen the ccp thing for video cards for plex.

https://www.eveonline.com/article/nvidia-video-card-for-plex-offer-1-1

Dont wanna get banned, but instead of recieving usd from the guy, i would rather have eve stuff.

while i cant say exactly where. im pretty sure this is against the EULA.

1 Like

CCP did it, why cant I?

because they are CCP. they own the rights to EVE. you a customerā€¦do not.

1 Like

Show me where is says i cant, otherwise your talking out your ass

1 Like

way to escalate. i was simply saying this to advise you to be safe rather than sorry. hang on while i look this up.

2 Likes

B. Selling Items and Objects
You may not transfer, sell or auction, or buy or accept any offer to transfer, sell or auction (or offer to do any of the foregoing), any content appearing within the Game environment, including without limitation characters, character attributes, items, currency, and objects, other than via a permitted Character Transfer as described in section 3 above. You may not encourage or induce any other person to participate in such a prohibited transaction. You may not use, transfer or assign any game assets for games of chance operated by third parties. The buying, selling or auctioning (or any attempt at doing so) of characters, character attributes, items, currency, or objects, whether through online auctions, newsgroups, postings on message boards or any other means is prohibited by the EULA and a violation of CCPā€™s proprietary rights in the Game.

https://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-eula-en/

Thisā€™ll probably help. May not be exactly what youā€™re looking for, but itā€™s a good starting point.

ā€“Helpful Gadget

3 Likes

correct me if im wrong. i did read this. but isnt this referring to digital items.

1 Like

Isnā€™t that what the OP is asking about? Real world stuff and services for isk, plex or other in game items?

ā€“Confused Gadget

1 Like

so reading this article. its CCP selling the cards to players. not players selling the items in question to other players for isk/plex.

1 Like

real money is not getting involved in any way. reading that paragraph does not tell me that. if the transaction is not through ā€œthrough online auctions, newsgroups, postings on message boardsā€. its just some guy.

yes but it is a real object. maybe this question should be taken to the ISD.

A simple work around to this is to have 2 concurrent sales of items. That are completely independent of each other.

If I agree to buy one of your eve online char corpseā€™s for 20bn ISK due to our assumed value then this is fine.

If at the same time you decide to buy a picture of mycat in real life for Ā£30 sent by email then that is also fine & not of CCPā€™s concern.

No RMT has taken place in the above statement & no online eve rules were broken so they will have zero reason to ban you.

If anyone disagreeā€™s with me they are being moronic. If such a case was RMT then I have plenty of RMT to report as Iā€™ve seen hundreds of Eve players buy each other drinks in real life bars and then trade spaceships & other assets later that week in game. Clearly RMT is a foot there too.

Can I have your catā€™s corpse?

Chloe needs a pet.

ā€“ Gadget thinks of her friends

:grin:

1 Like

of course people would give isk for a corpse in eve. thats in game currency for an in game item. the question being asked is, if im right, can someone give you in game isk for a real world item.

1 Like

No you would be banned for such a blatant rule break.

But Sebat Hadah if you need in game ISK PM me please & I think I can provide.

Do you like cat pictures by any chance? I have some that will make you ā€˜LOLā€™. Itā€™ll cost you top dollar.

where does it say that this is breaking the rules?

no i dont need isk. @Cu_lo is asking if he can do this. if not where in the EULA is this rule.

1 Like

https://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/terms-of-service-en/

Rule 11. This paticular link fails to mention cat pics, but its kosher trust me.

1 Like

im still looking btw.

1 Like